PDA

View Full Version : Changing the colour of muted parts

djan
05-14-2002, 08:00 AM
Let me say thanks to one and all. I have been into music on the pc for over 10 years now and I can honestly say you guy's and girls and the nicest, most informative and generally helpful DUC I have ever used. your all tops!!!

Quick question how can I change the color of muted audio parts. At the moment they go slightly gray but are still difficult to see against un-muted parts? One other question can one rename the input and output ports. I used to do this on an old system of mine but cant seem to see where on PTE LE

much love in advance
James
images/icons/tongue.gif

Stone Knife
05-14-2002, 09:10 AM
I don't know of any option to change muted track colors... in fact none of my tracks changes colors when muted. There is a radial button for making the track colors black instead of colored; that's in Setups/ Preferences/ Display

The second question-

Go to Setups then click I/O Setup...
Click on inputs tab or outputs, double-click the input or output you want to rename and type new name. Click OK.

pk_hat
05-14-2002, 09:44 AM
I think he's referring to 'audio regions', where you can highlight a region and ctrl+M to mute it.
It keeps whatever colour it had, only it's greyed out.

I don't think you can change much about it, James.
As for the feature itself, I think it's wonderful and I use it in almost every session.

pk

Freeheel
05-14-2002, 01:48 PM
Another item for the wishlist, I would say - How about diagonal zebra stripes or a more noticeable greying out?

Stone Knife
05-14-2002, 02:51 PM
Throw in auto cross at zero with a hotkey shortcut and you've got a deal! images/icons/wink.gif

marcusb
05-14-2002, 04:16 PM
As an even better suggestion, why not just duplicate the playlist on that track and actually delete the muted parts, you then can very clearly see what is and isn't getting played. If you need to go back and listen to the parts just pick the original playlist images/icons/wink.gif you can even do it live while you're playing back.

Cheers,
Marcus

djan
05-15-2002, 12:32 AM
Thanks guys thought so

take care

James

Freeheel
05-15-2002, 01:57 AM
Good suggestion, but when doing sound effects, I need to be able to see the regions on my track,even if they are muted. An absence of regions doesn't really work. images/icons/frown.gif

Sparks
05-15-2002, 04:41 AM
How about copying the whole track onto a channel below the original but muted?

Sparks