PDA

View Full Version : Waveforms visually (not audio) dissappear when zoomed out

Jopry
05-13-2002, 08:42 AM
Hi all,
I had a very weird thing happen yesterday during a session: the waveforms dissappear when I zoom out on edit view. All of the audio is there and when I zoom in, I can see the waveforms. Not all the tracks do this, only some (actually 8...the drum takes). If I zoom in pass to the point of where the screen will no longer chase the placement indicator on the edit view, they become visible and I can fully interact with them (such as strip silence etc.). The audio is fine even when not viewable and plugins shape the sound with no problem. Its just really bizarre to me and I was wondering if anyone else ran into this. If so, any idea on how to fix this? It would be nice if someone from Digi would answer on this. Thanks for reading my ramblings images/icons/smile.gif

mattm
05-13-2002, 10:04 AM
if you click on the grey bar at the top of the regions list, you get a pull-down menu. in that menu is an item caller 'Recalculate invalid overviews' or words to that effect. select the tracks that are acting up then perform this function. should fix it.

~matt

Jopry
05-13-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by mattm:
if you click on the grey bar at the top of the regions list, you get a pull-down menu. in that menu is an item caller 'Recalculate invalid overviews' or words to that effect. select the tracks that are acting up then perform this function. should fix it.

~matt<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Excellent! thank you! I'll try it soon as I get home today

just really glad I'm not crazy...well, at least about not seeing waveforms images/icons/grin.gif

mattm
05-13-2002, 10:32 AM
no problem. hope it works!

could also have been that you just needed to reboot - sometimes these things just happen and there's no explanation. images/icons/smile.gif

i had a session the other day that suddenly refused to deliver any audio on outputs 1&2. the meters were doing their thing and the other outputs worked but not 1&2. i had a little freak, initially thinking my 001 box had died, but i ended up having to create a new session and import the tracks from the one i was working on.

according to digidesign, the session file can occasionally become corrupt, causing this type of behaviour.

Jopry
05-14-2002, 06:47 AM
That took care of the problem. Thanks again images/icons/smile.gif