PDA

View Full Version : Digi Mic Preamp Noise in New Orleans

nukmusic
05-12-2002, 08:50 AM
images/icons/confused.gif
Anyone getting any digital noise from your mic going straight into Digi's preamps? IF so what brand mic are you using? I'm using the Akg C3000b and I wanted to know if any other mics are cause the same noise. Test your gear, you might have over look something. I can hear it slightly on my Hafler M5 monitors, but real good on my Sony MDR-7506's when I solo the vocals. Others C3000/Digi users in DUC have said that they are having the same problems. I've tried to K-I-L-L the noise by using the -26db pad(and the -10db pad on the mic), mic levels, and a different cable with no luck. I want to buy another mic. Maybe the AKG C4000 or the Neaumann TLM-103.

Thanks Folks,
Docta'J
www.nukmusic.com (http://www.nukmusic.com)
new Rap and R&B
music from New Orleans.

pk_hat
05-12-2002, 11:59 AM
Studio Projects C1. --> $229

You won't believe your ears...

Stone Knife
05-12-2002, 04:17 PM
There have been too many posts about that C-3000 on the 001 #1 and #2 inputs for it to be a coincidence.
I've run a lowly AKG D-65, an Electro-Voice RE27 and a Rode NTK through those two inputs; no problems with any of 'em, for what it's worth.

soundsurfr
05-12-2002, 07:46 PM
I use an AKG C414 and it's quiet as a mouse.

David001
05-12-2002, 07:54 PM
Post deleted by David001

nukmusic
05-13-2002, 05:23 PM
(recording vocals).......I just tried an another C3000b from one of my friends and it too made the noise. I also tried my old $50 radio shack mic(for the second time)and it still didn't make the little noise..........I'm going to return the C3000 and get another mic. I spoke via phone to tech support at DigiDesigns and at American Musicial, Both techs.. were surprised that I was having problems because like myself, they both have used that mic with other recording platforms with no problems. They were also very surprised when I told them that there were other Digi-001 user that have posted problems on DUC with that mic. Again the noise sounds like a fuzzy, crackling noise when recording lead vocals. I have tried different levels, using the -26db pad, and a total different C3000 mic with the same results. So I say again, if I may...........CHECK YOUR MICS.

Thanks for all the replies
Docta'J
www.nukmusic.com (http://www.nukmusic.com)

Stone Knife
05-13-2002, 05:28 PM
Both techs.. were surprised that I was having problems (with the AKG 3000)<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Those people may be equally shocked to hear Clinton isn't president anymore!

Even for all the squabble and bicker, this DUC is the edge of user experience- I'm surprised the Digi guy didn't know about the issue, especially.

Following your advice, I did check my mics, and am happy to report there are no C3000's hiding in there. images/icons/smile.gif

nukmusic
05-13-2002, 06:19 PM
images/icons/grin.gif LOL.....great! No problems for you!

I'm very greatful for this user forum. "WE, THE PEOPLE" (the users)......get to talked to each other. I hope Digidesign keeps up with it to weed out current or future bugs and problems with soft/hardware.

Thanks