PDA

View Full Version : In the CD player

sessiondude
05-09-2002, 07:32 PM
Who's checked out Ben Fold's newest "Rockin' The Suburbs"??

It's awesome. Buy it. If you don't like it, I'll buy it back from you.

Stone Knife
05-09-2002, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the tip!

I'm spinnin' Days Of The New's 'red' album this week.

Also just got a re-release of Lennie Tristano's self-titled album (that was originally on Atlantic, previously out of print) which is being packaged with his "The New Tristano" album, all on the same disc.

Hooray for CD's.

Roy Howell
05-09-2002, 10:59 PM
Hey Stone,

Guess who this is... images/icons/grin.gif
http://basstardz.dhs.org/roy/sessiondudePete/GECKO.mp3

BBenesh
05-09-2002, 11:03 PM
Ive heard BFF's new cd is pretty good. havent checked it out myself, but will soon.

currecntly, im spinning Telefon Tel Aviv's CD.
Its pretty cool

sessiondude
05-10-2002, 12:49 AM
Careful when you go for the Ben Folds CD. The latest Ben Folds Five CD is kinda - I dunno...I hate it. BUT after that, Ben made a SOLO album called, "Rockin' The Suburbs" - awesome. It's like a cross between the Animals, the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and the Starland Vocal Band. LOL.

Just a little clairity. images/icons/grin.gif

sessiondude
05-10-2002, 12:53 AM
HA! Roy Howell is a baseball star - click on the link in his post above to hear him pitch. Roy, you're awesome, "oh, to be in centerfield with a pair of goggles tonight!" (did you notice who bats third??) A guy named Liston.

images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif

pedrohead
05-10-2002, 07:07 AM
i'm not sure if this is a BF discussion or wanting to know what we're listening to, but if the latter... you have to check out:

wilco "yankee hotel foxtrot"
pedro the lion "control"

even more than the great songs, that wilco cd has some of the most unique sounds and textures on it i've heard in a long time. a similar thing could be said about the pedro cd.

Stone Knife
05-10-2002, 10:43 AM
You know, Roy, I fear that one state's distance from Idaho may not be enough. Thanks for sharing. images/icons/wink.gif
That announcer sounds a little like Tom Brokejaw.