PDA

View Full Version : I/O initialization problem

CRM-114
05-08-2002, 06:38 PM
Have any of you experienced a problem like this:

You start up your computer, and before it's finished starting up you get an error message saying that it can't initialize the IO connection.

I've gotten that several times today, and I can't get the message to go away -- I have to manually shut down my computer and reboot. I've gotten past the problem a few times, but I still get it about half of the time I boot up.

Anyone know what might be wrong? Oh, and I ran a Digi Test and everything was fine.

CRM-114
05-08-2002, 07:25 PM
I should mention that to try to fix the problem, I unhooked the cable running into the back of my I/O box and plugged it back in. I'm not sure, however, if that was what fixed it the times that the computer did boot up without any problems.

BBenesh
05-08-2002, 07:32 PM
never seen the problem,
but maybe your power supply is going out? When your system doesnt boot up, is the Digi001 light on?

If your power supply cannot power your I/O box, then of course it cannot connect to it. Just a suggestion.

I would say, check the cable, but if it works sometimes, then I doubt thats the problem, unless it has been squashed, and only works after you shake it around, much like a bad guitar cable.

=-Ben