PDA

View Full Version : Slow MIDI note/data drawing in Pro Tools 12 on Windows 7

Philthy
06-01-2017, 03:37 PM
Fooling around with 12 at home while still running 10 at my commercial studio... offline bounce is the one killer app that I miss at work. Otherwise I'm totally fine with 10 and probably will keep running it for at least a couple more years.

I have a question though- MIDI note/data drawing is a total dog in 12 under windows 7... for example pulling velocities on a bunch of notes up or down, the 12 rig goes herky jerky slow, while it's smooth and fast on my studio rig, OSX/PT10. Both computers have similar specs. Anyone else see this problem, or find a solution?

TOM@METRO
06-01-2017, 04:09 PM
pulling velocities on a bunch of notes up or down, the 12 rig goes herky jerky slow, while it's smooth and fast on my studio rig, OSX/PT10. Both computers have similar specs. Anyone else see this problem, or find a solution?

This one is okay here, but I'm on Windows 10.

YYR123
06-01-2017, 04:58 PM
I've noticed slower graphics than i was used to on OSX....but I don't have a cause.

It's been ok, not a real issue but it does bog down sometimes.

I have a pretty nice GPU too... GTX760

The Weed
06-02-2017, 07:18 AM
Try deleting everything NVidia in Programs and Features except the driver and PhysX.

Philthy
06-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Try deleting everything NVidia in Programs and Features except the driver and PhysX.
Thanks for the tip! However that's all I installed from NVidia. I did just open the Programs and Features list to verify that. I noticed I also get a laggy delay after I undo a MIDI take. MIDI kind of just feels sluggish overall.