PDA

View Full Version : Problems Re-linking offline

benj4min
06-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Hello, I'm new here but I need help desperately.

I recorded an album a long time ago in a friend's old computer. And now 5 years later I want to play with those recordings. He gave me the sessions but when I opened them I got a window saying there where some files missing and to relink them. I went into the Audio Files folder of each session for each song and all the tracks where there I listened to them one by one. So I went into the workspace window, selected all the tracks, right-clicked and and the selected the relink offline option. But when I get to the relink offline window I can't check (tick) n the files so I can't select them to proceed to relink them. Any help? Thank you very much!

I have pro tools 12.6

MacBook Pro from late 2011

and Sierra os

Again thank you very much!.

Stig Eliassen
06-02-2017, 12:55 AM
Maybe this article (http://www.protoolsproduction.com/missingfiles/) helps. Which file format is it?

Stig Eliassen
06-02-2017, 12:55 AM
Oh, and welcome to the community.

benj4min
06-02-2017, 07:28 AM
You mean the format of the audio files? It is wav.

Thank you!

Stig Eliassen
06-02-2017, 07:31 AM
Thanks. Did you check out the article?

benj4min
06-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Yes, but it didn't help. It doesn't let add the files to candidates for relinking. I noticed that the unique ID in the missing files and the audio files I have is not the same.

melloj
06-03-2017, 04:01 AM
Have you tried re linking them one at a time? When I've had trouble in the past this has worked. Also the last time this happened to me I manually searched for each ID number and linked them one by one.

Rich Breen
06-03-2017, 07:57 AM
When all else fails, you can always drag a file into the "candidates" list to force relinking. Please read the "Relink Window" section in the "Workspace Browsers" chapter of the Reference Manual - all the information you need is there.