PDA

View Full Version : Melodyne 4 studio aax making session file size too big

bolooki
06-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Anyone notice that Melodyne 4 plugin, after capturing audio, makes the protools ptx file size a lot bigger?

this is making every auto backup take longer and longer. after hitting capture on about 12 vocal tracks from start to song finish, my ptx file went from 2mb to 12mb. now the whole session is becoming slow. i tried removing unneeded clips and auto-created clips but no help. same with disk cache settings. trashing prefs helps for a minute but it creeps back quickly.

any idea for a work-around or setting to help keep session file size low?

thanks!

john1192
06-02-2017, 08:46 AM
Anyone notice that Melodyne 4 plugin, after capturing audio, makes the protools ptx file size a lot bigger?

this is making every auto backup take longer and longer. after hitting capture on about 12 vocal tracks from start to song finish, my ptx file went from 2mb to 12mb. now the whole session is becoming slow. i tried removing unneeded clips and auto-created clips but no help. same with disk cache settings. trashing prefs helps for a minute but it creeps back quickly.

any idea for a work-around or setting to help keep session file size low?

thanks!

hi, since you are recording 12 more parts of audio into MEL .. you would see an increase in PTX file i would think .. and 12 mb (pretty small for anything but maybe a PTX session)

cheers john