PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tools 10 Session in PT 12.5 and beyond

jeff j
06-01-2017, 12:28 PM
I have been recording tracks in Pro tools 10….My question is, when I am done,and say the recording studio is using PT12 or beyond….Is it safe to say that as long as I have Audio Files of all recorded Instruments,voices et all….That even though the Midi files are from a PT10 session…..that the recording Engineer will be able to produce a CD from these sessions?…..I hope what I am asking is clear to all…….as a safe guard…I have made sure that all midi tracks have been copied as Audio tracks also…to be edited etc…Thanks

Philthy
06-01-2017, 03:40 PM
I have been recording tracks in Pro tools 10….My question is, when I am done,and say the recording studio is using PT12 or beyond….Is it safe to say that as long as I have Audio Files of all recorded Instruments,voices et all….That even though the Midi files are from a PT10 session…..that the recording Engineer will be able to produce a CD from these sessions?…..I hope what I am asking is clear to all…….as a safe guard…I have made sure that all midi tracks have been copied as Audio tracks also…to be edited etc…Thanks
Yes print all the MIDI parts to audio in case they don't have the same instruments, and print any effects that are really important to keep, in case they have different plugins. PT10 sessions open up fine in 12.

jeff j
06-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the reply…..I am self taught,so bear with me….when you say "Print"….do you mean create a separate track…the reason I ask is that I have heard that there are someways that don't work…..Does it have to be on a Aux Track or a specific type of track?…..Hope that makes sense…..If you describe the type of track that would help…..also does that mean the effects would be saved also.if it was an Aux track?….

Jeff

albee1952
06-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the reply…..I am self taught,so bear with me….when you say "Print"….do you mean create a separate track…the reason I ask is that I have heard that there are someways that don't work…..Does it have to be on a Aux Track or a specific type of track?…..Hope that makes sense…..If you describe the type of track that would help…..also does that mean the effects would be saved also.if it was an Aux track?….

Jeff

Bus your virtual instrument track to an audio track and record it(and import back into the session). Once its recorded, you may need to nudge it slightly so that its in perfect alignment with the original instrument track. Then Hide and Make Inactive the original.