PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Duplicate Frozen Instrument Tracks Unfreezes Inserts

Dizzi45Z
06-01-2017, 08:10 AM
I'm on Pro Tools 12.7.1.

I find that whenever I duplicate frozen instrument tracks, the track still looks frozen, but all of the inserts including the VI unfreeze on the duplicated track.

I just want to check that everyone else is seeing this too. I would assume that in these cases, the duplicated track should have all of the inserts frozen to match the track it is being duplicated from.

john1192
06-01-2017, 12:15 PM
I'm on Pro Tools 12.7.1.

I find that whenever I duplicate frozen instrument tracks, the track still looks frozen, but all of the inserts including the VI unfreeze on the duplicated track.

I just want to check that everyone else is seeing this too. I would assume that in these cases, the duplicated track should have all of the inserts frozen to match the track it is being duplicated from.

is your instrument track losing it's midi assignments ?? is this why it looks frozen ??

Dizzi45Z
06-01-2017, 05:03 PM
No it isn't. My problem isn't that it is frozen. My problem is that the inserts should still be frozen when I duplicate.

I'm surprised nobody has noticed this yet. It seems super common to need to do this.

Let's say somebody sends you a project with their 3rd party instruments frozen. You don't like the sound of one of their instruments. So, in order to try some different sounds without losing the frozen information you currently have, you duplicate the frozen instrument track, unfreeze the track and then try different VI's.

This bug is annoying because every time I duplicate a frozen track of a VI I don't own, I get all of the pop up windows that I don't have the VI or the instrument can't load etc. It also takes a lot longer for it to duplicate because it is trying to unfreeze the instrument.

This shouldn't be hard to try to replicate this bug.

1. Create an instrument track
2. Insert a VI onto insert 1
3. Write a few midi notes
4. Freeze the instrument track
5. Right click on the name of the track and choose duplicate.

Notice the duplicated track is showing the frozen audio, but the VI and all inserts on the duplicated track are unfrozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midnightrambler
06-02-2017, 03:39 AM
Not trying to diminish this bug problem, but wouldn't it be better to copy the MIDI info on the old track onto a new instrument track and just start afresh? I'm pretty sure that's what I would do. Edit : or maybe the MIDI info not available when frozen? Hmmm...

Dizzi45Z
06-02-2017, 07:46 AM
Not trying to diminish this bug problem, but wouldn't it be better to copy the MIDI info on the old track onto a new instrument track and just start afresh? I'm pretty sure that's what I would do. Edit : or maybe the MIDI info not available when frozen? Hmmm...

Exactly. You can't because the MIDI info is frozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk