PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to delete tags that show up in the Assign Tags Pop-up Window?

djbassvixen
05-28-2017, 05:13 PM
I am going through my whole library of sounds and samples and adding tags to everything. It may seem trivial, but for a large number of samples, the time adds up. After I type the first letter, it automatically suggests tags from the list of default existing tags based on alphabetical order (and not most frequently used). For example, if I type "H" the first thing it will autofill is "Hammond." If I could delete some of these tags that I will never use, I could save a lot of time by having it autofill to tags I actually use. I could type one or two letters, press enter, and then move on, as opposed to having to type out the whole word. I have read the manual and it does not address this. Any suggestions?

Secondly, if I accidentally create a new tag in all lower case, without capitalizing the first letter, it seems it will forever appear in all lower case. I think if there was a solution to the above problem, it would probably fix this as well.

Side note: Yes, I am OCD.

macOS Sierra Version 10.12.5
Pro Tools 12.7.1

Elphara
02-23-2018, 07:47 AM
Hello djbassvixen

i'm having a similar problem except I'm trying to create tags and maybe delete them if need it

I posted this a few months ago :

"Hi,
Can you help me, I wish to know how to create a new custom Tag in workspace?
I don't see any button " create a new Tag " in Tag Pop Up menu.
THX, Elphara."

I received no reply.
Since you seems to work on a 'tag" problem, maybe you can help me
Thx
Elphara

gills
12-31-2020, 12:47 AM
I'm looking for a solution for this as well. Does anyone know where the default tags for Soundbase workspaces live on the computer?