PDA

View Full Version : Karafun output as input to a track

mark95014
05-28-2017, 08:24 AM
My goal is to record the Karafun output in a Pro Tools track.

I use the Karafun karaoke app. They do not give you their MP3s, so I cannot import songs into Pro Tools. Is there a way to connect the audio output of the Karafun player (or any player) to a Pro Tools track input. While playing a song on Karafun, I tried every input option for my track and it did not receive anything from the Karafun player.

I am using Windows 10. My sound output device is "Realtek High Definition Audio". This device is working fine. I can hear it on the headphones.

thanks

Carl Lie
05-28-2017, 08:31 AM
How are you getting audio in now? If the Karaoke machine has an audio out you could connect it to your audio input device.

C

mark95014
05-28-2017, 10:36 AM
thanks for your reply

I don't have a karaoke machine, it is just a software application running on my PC. I have a microphone connected through an Apollo Twin and I am getting that audio into Pro Tools. I just need to get the audio from the karaoke player to be an input to a Pro Tools track.

My question, more generally, is "how can you get the output that is going to your PC speakers/headphones to be an input to a Pro Tools track?".

Carl Lie
05-28-2017, 11:12 AM
There are some applications that do inter-application audio. One is called JACK. If you search on it you'll see it. I've never used it but if you search on inter-application audio you'll see a few.

C