PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tools 12 with Reason 9

Lorenzo L.
05-25-2017, 11:13 AM
Hi!
I'm a Pro Tools user and I recently bought Reason 9. I used Reason Wire Reason 5 as a Pro Tools 10 slave a few years ago, with the re-wire protocol. Now, however, between the insert voices I no longer see "Reason" and I did not find tutorials about it. I can easily use Ableton in rewire mode, but Reason does not appear among the selectable elements, in no menu of insert selection.
Both are original programs, versions are Reason 9.2.2 and Pro Tools 12.6.0.585.
Are there any incompatibilities?
I would like to use Reason exclusively as a Pro Tools slave, not using standalone.
Can anyone help me understand how to do it?
Sorry for my English!
Thanks in advance for your help! :)

29CountsNY
05-25-2017, 12:34 PM
Did you run Reason standalone yet?
I am not at my machine but if I remember correctly, you have to run Reason in standalone first, and then close Reason.
Then open Pro Tools and it should show up.

Lorenzo L.
05-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Did you run Reason standalone yet?
I am not at my machine but if I remember correctly, you have to run Reason in standalone first, and then close Reason.
Then open Pro Tools and it should show up.

Thank you for your reply :)
Yes, I already run Reason standalone and it work perfectly.
After your advice, I've tried to restart my Mac, run Reason standalone, close Reason, open Pro Tools and check the list of plugin. But still missing Reason.

29CountsNY
05-25-2017, 01:02 PM
Sorry, was hoping that was the issue.

K Roche
05-25-2017, 04:40 PM
You might want to e-mail Reason support . I do not have 9 but my 8.5 works fine on Pro tools 12

Lorenzo L.
05-25-2017, 05:46 PM
You might want to e-mail Reason support . I do not have 9 but my 8.5 works fine on Pro tools 12

Thanks for your reply. Anyone are currently using Pro Tools 12.x with Reason 9?
I'm afraid that's a problem a compatibility: in that case I've just throw 370€ for buying Reason :D

Anyway I will try to contact the support of Propellerhead.

29CountsNY
05-26-2017, 03:41 AM
I'm using Reason 9 in Pro Tools 12.6.1 with no issues at all. So it does work.

Lorenzo L.
05-26-2017, 03:58 AM
I'm using Reason 9 in Pro Tools 12.6.1 with no issues at all. So it does work.

Okay, this reassures me. I tried to uninstall (with AppCleaner to delete preferences and caches) and reinstall Reason, but it still does not appear in Pro Tools.

I run a "clean" build of Sierra, installed 5 days ago. Everything works (Ableton in rewire, Waves plugins, every interface and peripherals), except for Reason. Damn.

Lorenzo L.
05-26-2017, 04:21 AM
Ok, SOLVED. I've trashed my Pro Tools preferences, as indicated in this guide:
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/how-do-i-trash-my-pro-tools-preferences/

Anyway thanks everybody for your help! :)