PDA

View Full Version : Track Settings Copy from one project to another

Neurosis
05-25-2017, 03:37 AM
Hi

Is there a way to copy all the track settings from one project into another? Let me explain:
In project "A" I have a guitar solo with various plugins, eq's, mixer pans, volumes etc. I wish to replicate all this in my project "B". I do not mind if i have to copy the audio as i can delete that in project "B". I really do not want to have cowrite it all down & input t manually

Any help appreciated

Drew Mazurek
05-25-2017, 03:46 AM
Search manual for Import Session Data.

midnightrambler
05-25-2017, 03:49 AM
File - > Import -> Session Data

Select project you want, open, select track you want to import from list. Go to "Track Data to Import" tab and deselect "Alternate Playlists" and "Clips and Media".

See manual for detailed explanation, but those steps will get you what you want.

Neurosis
05-25-2017, 03:56 AM
Wow thats amazing! Just the ticket.
One last question. If i do his when selecting it to go to an existing track (say snare from project "A" to snare on project "B") and choose not to input audio (or midi data) does it replace all existing settings, plugins etc & leave the audio?midi data intact?

Thanks again

midnightrambler
05-25-2017, 04:24 AM
Wow thats amazing! Just the ticket.
One last question. If i do his when selecting it to go to an existing track (say snare from project "A" to snare on project "B") and choose not to input audio (or midi data) does it replace all existing settings, plugins etc & leave the audio?midi data intact?

Thanks again

Yep! Good isn't it :)

JFreak
05-25-2017, 07:23 AM
If i do his when selecting it to go to an existing track (say snare from project "A" to snare on project "B") and choose not to input audio (or midi data) does it replace all existing settings, plugins etc & leave the audio?midi data intact?

Yes, exactly. And the point here is remembering to choose not to import audio. Myself, I have many times mistakenly imported audio only to realise I need to redo everything all over again :/

midnightrambler
05-25-2017, 07:33 AM
Yes, exactly. And the point here is remembering to choose not to import audio. Myself, I have many times mistakenly imported audio only to realise I need to redo everything all over again :/

Yes and in fact I've actually gone back to just importing the track as a "new" track, rather than trying to import over the existing one, for this exact reason(!) - and also it's a lot easier to delete any imported automation from the old track before copying the plug-ins etc over. (E.g.if you want the plug-in settings, but not the automation, which is impossible with the current set of options.)

lucienpalmer
05-26-2017, 07:46 AM
On a related note, you could also select one or more tracks and 'export selected tracks to new session' and save them for import later. Maybe you have favorite settings for Rhodes keys, so export that track and it's plugins and save it in a folder to 'import session data' into future sessions.

Neurosis
05-26-2017, 10:32 PM
Hey now that is clever!

JFreak
05-26-2017, 11:47 PM
On a related note, you could also select one or more tracks and 'export selected tracks to new session' and save them for import later. Maybe you have favorite settings for Rhodes keys, so export that track and it's plugins and save it in a folder to 'import session data' into future sessions.

Nice!