PDA

View Full Version : Fender CyberTwin S/PDIF out to PT12(Focusrite SP40)

jdogric12
05-24-2017, 11:48 AM
I've been using this setup for a few years with no problems ever since I figured out it was limited to 16/44.1 a few years ago. But lately, I'm hearing clicks and pops and junk. The only thing that's changed, I think, are ProTools updates... now on 12. Could that be the culprit? Any idea why this is happening? I'm using proper digital cable for the S/PDIF connection, direct from Fender CyberTwin to Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, at 16-bit, 44.1kHz only.

albee1952
05-24-2017, 01:26 PM
Are you setting Pro Tools/Focusrite to use the SPDIF as the clock source? When you connect via digital connections, there MUST be one master clock(or you get clicks and pops). Odds are that the Cybertwin has a fixed sample rate so your session MUST be at that same sample rate:o

jdogric12
05-25-2017, 07:56 AM
Well I'll be darned, I didn't even realize that was an option! That fixed it, thanks! The software for the SP40 has a "Sync Source" choice: Internal, ADAT (which I select when adding in the Presonus), and SPDIF! Selecting SPDIF worked. Now to see if I can combine SPDIF and The Presonus... probably not... oh well I'm super happy with this, thanks!