PDA

View Full Version : USB Connection Crashing Sierra

Carl Lie
05-21-2017, 01:49 PM
I upgraded to Sierra last night and it would continually crash at startup. I narrowed the crash down to the insertion of a usb connection to my Motif keyboard.

Oddest thing I've ever seen. If I insert the cable after startup or with PT open the computer crashes.

Latest Driver didn't fix it.

Carl

Southsidemusic
05-21-2017, 04:28 PM
Probably because Motif drivers are not plug and play. Why do you need to pull out the USB bacle or reseat it after PT is open?

This is not a PT problem and rather a driver issue from Yamaha.

Carl Lie
05-21-2017, 06:10 PM
Probably because Motif drivers are not plug and play. Why do you need to pull out the USB bacle or reseat it after PT is open?

This is not a PT problem and rather a driver issue from Yamaha.

As I had stated. Never said it was PT. Point was that whenever I try to plug it in Sierra crashes. After boot or pre boot. Have never come across this.

C

Southsidemusic
05-21-2017, 06:16 PM
As I had stated. Never said it was PT. Point was that whenever I try to plug it in Sierra crashes. After boot or pre boot. Have never come across this.

C

That is weird indeed but I still think it is a Motif issue with the USB compliant driver.

Carl Lie
05-22-2017, 03:50 AM
Yeah. Thanks for your response Christopher. I'll just get another MIDI interface.

Funny thing - I installed Sierra on my last machine and got the same error and thought it was something wrong the computer. This has re-awakened me to the fact that problems can come from the most unsuspected of places.

C