PDA

View Full Version : AAE -6101 Hardware Buffer Error PT 12.7.1

Rypo
05-19-2017, 02:42 PM
Has anyone experienced the AAE -6101 error in Pro Tools 12.7.1? Everything was working great with my PT 12 version until a couple days ago when I tried to use it to do some editing in "Built in Output" mode. Keeps telling my I'm running out of cpu power when there is only two tracks and no plug ins!!!

Side note: 4 days ago when I was using it with my UAD Apollo duo everything was fine. Could it be because I am using it without an interface?

Specs:
10.12.2 OSX
PT 12.7.1
2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Wizzoboy
05-19-2017, 04:09 PM
According to Avid Tech Talk AAE-6xxx errors are usually driver related. Is the driver for your on board audio up to date?

john1192
05-19-2017, 04:41 PM
Has anyone experienced the AAE -6101 error in Pro Tools 12.7.1? Everything was working great with my PT 12 version until a couple days ago when I tried to use it to do some editing in "Built in Output" mode. Keeps telling my I'm running out of cpu power when there is only two tracks and no plug ins!!!

Side note: 4 days ago when I was using it with my UAD Apollo duo everything was fine. Could it be because I am using it without an interface?

Specs:
10.12.2 OSX
PT 12.7.1
2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

or is the Driver Trying to PLay with a Device that is not There !!! EDIT: even in the background ..

Southsidemusic
05-19-2017, 05:22 PM
That use to be fixed by upping the buffer and also make sure your drive or drives are not overprovisioned and should have a minimum of 20-25% free and never used.

We use one of our MBP retina 8GB 512 GB drive a lot when we are out in hotels working with pretty big sessions for a-list DJ's and artists like Swedish House Mafia members and Zedd and Pier Poropat with 150 tracks so you sould have no problems running 100+ tracks as long as all your plugins are up to date too. That can throw up -6101 errors and might be a good idea checking all your third party plugins are uptodate,

Trash preferences and databases aswell as that can clean out weirdness. Does this happen on all sessions or only one? Have you tried to make a new session and import audio to the new session?

Are you recording to your internal drive?

Rypo
05-19-2017, 05:27 PM
I am working off an external drive with plenty of space. Not recording anything. I have upped the buffer and still no success. I'll try trashing the preferences and database.

Southsidemusic
05-19-2017, 05:28 PM
According to Avid Tech Talk AAE-6xxx errors are usually driver related. Is the driver for your on board audio up to date?

The Mac drivers are in the OSX so never ever updated any one driver for almost 15 years of Mac user.

Southsidemusic
05-19-2017, 05:29 PM
I am working off an external drive with plenty of space. Not recording anything. I have upped the buffer and still no success. I'll try trashing the preferences and database.

What drive is in your macbook? 5400 spinner or 7200 or SSD?

What external drive? Model and spec. Important,

Rypo
05-19-2017, 05:30 PM
How would I know if my on board driver is up to date? All I can find is the HD driver update on Avid. Doesn't seem to have a non-HD one..

Southsidemusic
05-19-2017, 05:32 PM
How would I know if my on board driver is up to date? All I can find is the HD driver update on Avid. Doesn't seem to have a non-HD one..

Don't worry about that. It is nothing macs need.

Rypo
05-19-2017, 05:35 PM
What drive is in your macbook? 5400 spinner or 7200 or SSD?

What external drive? Model and spec. Important,
I just tried working off my internal drive also and still giving me the same thing. All my plug ins are up to date also. I've worked off the external drive before and it's never given me any issues..

Southsidemusic
05-19-2017, 06:14 PM
I just tried working off my internal drive also and still giving me the same thing. All my plug ins are up to date also. I've worked off the external drive before and it's never given me any issues..

But what exact internal drive is it in your macbook?

Rypo
05-19-2017, 06:49 PM
But what exact internal drive is it in your macbook?
So... After diving in a bit more to this preferences issue I found a previous thread that you commented on. One about Pete's Pref App. I downloaded and used it. It seems to have fixed the issue (as far as I can tell). I'll highly recommend that app.. Thank you.