PDA

View Full Version : Random but regular error opening sessions in PT 12.7.1

take77
05-18-2017, 01:59 PM
I've been experiencing a random but frequent error message when opening PT sessions in 12.7.1 both from the dashboard and external disk.

The error reads:

"Could not complete your request because while translating Memory Location List."

It happens with any session and doesn't occur every time a session is opened. In other words, a session may have been previously fine and it just randomly happens.
When it does, it takes a few attempts of closing and re-opening a session until it finally opens. From there the same session opens without issue until another inconvenient time.

In some projects, I've deleted all memory locations and I think this might solve it.

It happens on both of my machines (Windows 7 & 10).
I can open sessions more often than not and am still able to work.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with 12.7.1?

take77
06-08-2017, 03:05 PM
The errors still happen randomly but I have found an unusual workaround.

When I get the error, I close the session, open a different session, close it and then go back to the session I was trying to open in the first place.

Then it opens.

I also go back and forth between opening from the dashboard then straight from disk & vice versa.
Sometimes this works, sometimes not.

When it doesn't, I use the aforementioned workaround.

It seems to happen only with newer sessions that were created with a custom template in 12.7.1.

I've deleted the memory location list in each of these sessions yet it still happens randomly.

jchan
06-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Worth a try

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7szj1osbewed9z/PT%20Prefs.zip

If you get a Mac...

take77
06-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the thought.
I'll try deleting prefs and then create a new template.
Older sessions open without issue.

Since no one else has experienced it my guess would be it's the pref settings of the template that might be the issue.
Might be a disk error too.

Fortunately I can open the sessions after going back and forth between sessions.