PDA

View Full Version : Plugin Formats

adam79
05-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Is there anyway to use a format other than AAX with PT 12 (I'm running 12.4)? There are some VST plugs I'd really like to try. Thanks.

Darryl Ramm
05-14-2017, 06:37 PM
Is there anyway to use a format other than AAX with PT 12 (I'm running 12.4)? There are some VST plugs I'd really like to try. Thanks.

Blue Cat Patchwork.

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork

Discussed a lot on DUC in the past.

adam79
05-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Blue Cat Patchwork.

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork

Discussed a lot on DUC in the past.

That's exactly what I need, but do you have any knowledge of anything similar that's free? Thanks.

Darryl Ramm
05-14-2017, 06:50 PM
No I don't, just pay up. Blue Cat make nice stuff.

Southsidemusic
05-15-2017, 02:00 AM
No freeware but the MB7 MK2 is a bit less money and twerks great !!
Use it daily to host developer VI that are too stubborn to port to AAX.

musicman691
05-15-2017, 03:42 AM
No freeware but the MB7 MK2 is a bit less and twerks great !!
Use it daily to host developer VI that are too stubborn to port to AAX.
Twerks? MB7 is great and can do a lot of things but twerking :eek: ?

In addition to hosting plugins it's also a great entry into m/s processing as well if one uses the dual version. There are insert slots both pre and post fader for each band in use.

Seriously - BC does some good stuff. I have most everything but Destructor and MB5 multiband compression. And the free plugins ain't shabby either.

Southsidemusic
05-15-2017, 05:22 AM
Twerks? MB7 is great and can do a lot of things but twerking :eek: ?

In addition to hosting plugins it's also a great entry into m/s processing as well if one uses the dual version. There are insert slots both pre and post fader for each band in use.

Seriously - BC does some good stuff. I have most everything but Destructor and MB5 multiband compression. And the free plugins ain't shabby either.

LOL auto correct or rather free for all iphone :D yeah .. it doesn't twerk :p

audioman1973
05-15-2017, 07:54 AM
I think Protools has a twerking bug but I can't seem to nail it down. I think it's somewhere in between the forward thrust and the backward thrust. Lol.

Southsidemusic
05-15-2017, 09:52 AM
:D:D:D

deanrichard
05-15-2017, 11:01 AM
There is nothing free that will do this. DDMF Metaplugin is similar and I believe it is a bit cheaper.

That's exactly what I need, but do you have any knowledge of anything similar that's free? Thanks.

K Roche
05-15-2017, 11:16 AM
:D:D:D

Damn I thought twerking was a conjunction for it works really well for tweaking :p

Southsidemusic
05-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Damn I thought twerking was a conjunction for it works really well for tweaking :p

LOL It does work very well but as stated here Patchwork has more tweaking and stuff but we only use MB7-2 as it does what we need and now almost all the software we use is AAX64 and the stuff that isn't we use those in Live9

My iphone thought twerking was a better word than working :D

musicman691
05-15-2017, 12:52 PM
LOL It does work very well but as stated here Patchwork has more tweaking and stuff but we only use MB7-2 as it does what we need and now almost all the software we use is AAX64 and the stuff that isn't we use those in Live9

My iphone thought twerking was a better word than working :D
Are you using the new versions of Patchwork and MB7? I am and not really nuts about the gui change with the colors.

With regards to your iPhone I got an old one for you:
Years back when I worked in aerospace as an engineer designing satellite control systems our word processing department started using s/w for not only spell check but also grammar. There's a term 'right ascension' that's used as one part of notating a position in space; the grammar check decided it didn't like the word 'right' and changed it to 'correct'. Made for a bit of a laugh when we got the document back and a lot of redlining the changes that had to be made.

Southsidemusic
05-15-2017, 03:22 PM
Tech is alive hehe

Regarding the MB7-2 we have the old and the new but never used the new GUI version yet as the older version works great so dont wanna jinx anything.

musicman691
05-16-2017, 04:21 AM
Tech is alive hehe

Regarding the MB7-2 we have the old and the new but never used the new GUI version yet as the older version works great so dont wanna jinx anything.
How did you get them to co-exist on the same system? When I installed the new one it overwrote the old.