PDA

View Full Version : All of a sudden, PT12 fades in slowly when pressing play? [solved]

awritersparadise
05-08-2017, 12:10 PM
I haven't messed with settings in months.. yet today, in the middle of a session, PT12 is now fading in slloooowwwly when I press play.
I went to prefs/editing/fades... saw that the "fades dialog preview pre-roll and post roll" were both set to 3000 msecs... quickpunch crossfade length was set to 0... I set them all to 0 ... still nothing changed... long (annoying!) fade across all songs.

What setting am I missing? Is there something else?
Your help is greatly appreciated.

studiostuff
05-08-2017, 12:16 PM
You may have written automation to your master output fader without knowing it. Or added/deleted a data point by accident.

Drew Mazurek
05-08-2017, 12:17 PM
I haven't messed with settings in months.. yet today, in the middle of a session, PT12 is now fading in slloooowwwly when I press play.
I went to prefs/editing/fades... saw that the "fades dialog preview pre-roll and post roll" were both set to 3000 msecs... quickpunch crossfade length was set to 0... I set them all to 0 ... still nothing changed... long (annoying!) fade across all songs.

What setting am I missing? Is there something else?
Your help is greatly appreciated.

it's a feature!!! :D

See pic. In this screenshot it's turned off.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/media/2013/08/Screen-shot-2013-08-06-at-11.49.24-AM.png

awritersparadise
05-08-2017, 12:22 PM
DREW! Thanks so much! haha I was hoping it was something that simple... and yes, I was adjusting the in/out there earlier so it makes sense I accidentally toggled that fade on.. ..

good to know... I was searching through all kinds of advanced settings!! haha

Ru_C
02-12-2021, 02:12 PM
it's a feature!!! :D

See pic. In this screenshot it's turned off.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/media/2013/08/Screen-shot-2013-08-06-at-11.49.24-AM.png

thank you ! I just got bitten by this & couldn't figure out what'd done. never knew it did this ! Cheers