PDA

View Full Version : Midi not working_Pro Tools 12.7.1

L-DAWG
05-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Hello Folks,

So I write to you today to see if someone can guide me through getting MIDI working again in PT 12.7.1 on my PC. I'm using a Korg Triton Extreme to transmit MIDI to my Focusrite Interface using standard MIDI cables. I've tried USB as well and still can't get signal to the DAW. However, when I run a standalone virtual instrument such as Waves Element App or Electric 88 App, the signal/midi works fine. I can hit the keys on the keyboard and everything is a - GO! But in Pro Tools, when I instantiate any virtual instrument and hit the keys, I get nothing.

I've gone through preferences and made all the adjustments needed on the MIDI tab; I've gone through MIDI Studio, and finally I've made the appropriate selections under MIDI Input Devices. Please Help and thanks in advance. I look forward to your guidance and assistance.

cwsand
05-07-2017, 11:23 PM
Hi, Have you selected the proper MIDI In/Out channels under the Instrument options in the Mix Window? If they aren't showing, go to View-Mix Window Views-Instruments.

nigelpry
05-08-2017, 12:11 AM
And record enable the track unless you have 'First Selected MIDI Track' selected as the 'Default MIDI Thru Instrument' in MIDI Preferences.

L-DAWG
05-09-2017, 12:40 AM
To Nigel and CW, I have they appropriate settings instantiated under the Mix Window, the Instrument Track itself and in Preferences. The track is RECORD ENABLED as well. I will do a video of the issue a little later today so you might see what I'm experiencing from a live perspective. I'll catch up with you all later on!! Thanks for replying!

L

25ghosts
05-09-2017, 09:43 AM
You specifically have to enable ANY midi device you want to use inside of Midi Setup. Please consult manual to see how that is done...

Midi drivers are fine sine the SA is working