PDA

View Full Version : Change audio engine on start up

drummerjim123
05-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Switched IO devices and I used to be able to "About a year ago" hold the "N" key during startup to change the audio engine. This no longer seems to work. I get a program time out 3 times then it says my audio engine is no longer there, erro -6117 and all I can do is quit protools.

I'm not sure what version I'm running other then 12.5, I am not in 12.7

Thanks,
Jim

Sardi
05-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Weird.

Why not just change it in the setup menu drop down after PT launches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darryl Ramm
05-07-2017, 07:50 PM
If holding down 'N' does not give you the option of an interface then the problem is likely with the driver/interface not Pro Tools. Try rebooting your computer, power cycling the interface, updating the driver, etc.

The 'classic' cause of this with Avid/Digidesign (and likely MAudio) interfaces is allowing the computer to sleep/suspend while the interface is connected.

drummerjim123
05-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Weird.

Why not just change it in the setup menu drop down after PT launches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because pro tools will not come up because I changed IO

drummerjim123
05-07-2017, 08:28 PM
If holding down 'N' does not give you the option of an interface then the problem is likely with the driver/interface not Pro Tools. Try rebooting your computer, power cycling the interface, updating the driver, etc.

The 'classic' cause of this with Avid/Digidesign (and likely MAudio) interfaces is allowing the computer to sleep/suspend while the interface is connected.

I have updated all my drivers and IO firmware.

I ended up putting my old IO back in, pro tools came up I was able to switch in setup then all was okay.

deanrichard
05-07-2017, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure what version they started, but there have even more oddities with ASIO devices and changing I/O. It can be very annoying.

I have updated all my drivers and IO firmware.

I ended up putting my old IO back in, pro tools came up I was able to switch in setup then all was okay.