PDA

View Full Version : Having major problems with PT 12.7.1 on my wife's computer!

Burstbucker
05-07-2017, 10:28 AM
I bought PT12 a little over a year ago but my I didn't bother renewing my annual upgrade plan just recently, so I might be high and dry now.

First of all, I'm in way over my head when it comes to trouble-shooting software issues, etc.....Right now I am very frustrated and exasperated.

When I first bought PT12 last year, I struggled a bit to get Pro Tools loaded and functioning on my laptop, along with a bunch of plug-ins software like Amplitube 4, Scuffham S-Gear, Sample Tank 3, my Roland Duo-Capture interface and IK MIDI keyboard, etc... But I eventually got all the bugs out and got it to all work. But my laptop is grossly under-powered and only has 8 GB of RAM.

So, I got the bright idea that I would install all of this software on my wife's Dell i7-6700k @ 4.00 GHz 64-bits along with 24 GB of RAM.

I started out by downloading from the internet PT 12.7.1 yesterday on my wife's computer and it looked like everything was 100% but today I went and played around with what I had downloaded and there's a lot of funny stuff going on here!

First of all, when I reboot her computer, at the tail end of the reboot there's a window that pops up which says:
"ApplicationManager.exe.-No Disk" and
"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into DriveD:."

I never got a CD when I bought PT12, it was all downloaded via the internet.

There are three buttons on there that you can click,
" Cancel/Try Again/ Continue"

That's weird in itself, I just click either Cancel or Continue and then the computer finishes doing its start-up.

But what is really causing problems is that PT is getting really nasty and freezing up and crashing. If I try to open a new session it freezes and crashes, if I try to close Pro Tools it says :"Pro Tools (Not Responding)". then just sits there frozen.

When it finally shuts down, if I try to launch PT again I get this message:
"Pro Tools did not shut down correctly last time it was run. You will need to beboot your computer to run pro Tools again".

So, I've been forced to reboot numerous times and am getting quite fed upat this point.

Any idea where to start with this mess guys?

cwsand
05-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Any idea where to start with this mess guys?

Hi, Yes start here: Help Us Help You (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050) and follow ALL the Optimization and Troubleshooting instructions. If you're still having trouble, be sure to post a SANDRA report as described in the link.

Burstbucker
05-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Okay, well some good news so far.

I didn't notice that the default setting when the "dashboard" window in PT pops up was set on "Project(cloud)" and not on "Session (local)". Ever since I selected "Session (local)" it looks like my crashing issues aren't popping up.

I hope that's all it was.

Now I have to deal with problems with my various plug-ins. Fun stuff, I knew this wasn't going to be a picnic.:eek:

cwsand
05-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Glad to hear that. You should still perform all the Optimizations in the link I posted. Good luck!

Burstbucker
05-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Thanks for helping me out Chris!

I will have a look at that link that you posted. Thanks!