PDA

View Full Version : Task Manager running - Searches in workspace resetted

InquisyThorr
05-05-2017, 01:18 AM
Hello,

I've an issue with the workspace and the task manager. Each time I close PT, I get the "some tasks are incomplete, do you still want to quit" then the "waiting for tasks to end" panel taking ages to close the software.

More importantly, when performing a search in workspace (in catalogs, or in folders, same behaviour), I see the results, then it blanks out, then the results come back, then dissappear again etc... Like it resets the search every second. Which looks like it if you look at the spinning search icon next to the field.

If I check the task manager, I can see a
- Synchronising Folder Contents -> running permanently
- 1 to 10 searching tasks -> resetting every second or so
- Synchronize Tags -> resetting every second or so

If I force the Synchronising Folder Contents task to end, I have a proper behaviour with the search and the workspace in general. But this task comes back after a few minutes...

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

The catalogs and attached volumes include a NAS but we recently changed NAS and same behaviour was already observed with the old one.
Running ProTools HD 12.7.1
HD Native Thunderbolt + HD Omni
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

The Weed
05-05-2017, 08:16 AM
W10 AU, PT 12.7.1. I get this when closing some sessions, but not all. I don't use the Workspace, so just end the task.

64GTOBOY
06-02-2017, 01:58 PM
If u haven't already resolved this issue you might try setting workspace preferences so that it doesn't auto index volumes,etc , indexing can be time consuming and will continue even if session is closed

kksoundeffect
06-28-2017, 06:06 PM
I am having the same problem.
I use many libraries for work,
Work environment is similar.
The library has about 10 TB(over200000item).

Problem occurred after updating to 12.7.
Using 12.8 does not solve the problem.

I am talking with AVID about this problem, but I have not solved it.
Please tell this symptom to support of AVID.

Running ProTools HD 12.8
HD Software+RME FFUC
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

InquisyThorr
09-04-2017, 08:18 AM
If u haven't already resolved this issue you might try setting workspace preferences so that it doesn't auto index volumes,etc , indexing can be time consuming and will continue even if session is closed

I'd gladly do that, where do you find such Workspace Preferences? :-)