PDA

View Full Version : Edit Window Not Fully In View

DanielG141
05-04-2017, 03:55 AM
I'm having problems with the edit window not being fully in view in Pro Tools in Windows 10. As the edit and mix windows aren't separate from the main Pro Tools application window it seems very hard to rectify this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Drew Mazurek
05-04-2017, 04:37 AM
Are you zooming (or whatever Windows calls it) your screen?

DanielG141
05-04-2017, 04:40 AM
Are you referring to the DPI scaling? I've checked that out on having it on and off and it doesn't seem to change it. The top part of the edit window is out of view so I cant reach the options for closing and fitting to window etc

Drew Mazurek
05-04-2017, 04:43 AM
What screen res are you using?

DanielG141
05-04-2017, 04:53 AM
1920x1080 on a 14" laptop

nigelpry
05-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Are you referring to the DPI scaling? I've checked that out on having it on and off and it doesn't seem to change it. The top part of the edit window is out of view so I cant reach the options for closing and fitting to window etc

It's been a long time since I used windows, so sorry if this is a daft comment, but ...

If the top of the edit window has disappeared in the way you describe, does the main PT window not give you a scroll bar on the right hand side so you can scroll up to get to the top of the edit window? Maybe there is some option now in Windows 10 prefs that you have change to stop that scroll bar being suppressed if it doesn't appear?

lesbrunn
05-05-2017, 07:40 AM
I'm having problems with the edit window not being fully in view in Pro Tools in Windows 10. As the edit and mix windows aren't separate from the main Pro Tools application window it seems very hard to rectify this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A screen shot would have been great, but see if this can help:

Trash prefs, then create a new PT session. That should give you the default presentation, which you can then organize the way you want. Hopefully, any other session should open with your new window settings.