PDA

View Full Version : No audio from DI input

SophiaG
05-02-2017, 05:05 PM
I'm trying to plug-in my Seymour Duncan SA-35C Woody HC Acoustic Soundhole Pickup‎ through the DI input 1 on the back of my Mbox Pro in Protools 12. I have the Front/Rear button pushed and when I plug-in or un-plug the cable it shows a signal in Protools but besides that nothing else is coming through. What am I doing wrong ??

john1192
05-02-2017, 05:15 PM
I'm trying to plug-in my Seymour Duncan SA-35C Woody HC Acoustic Soundhole Pickup‎ through the DI input 1 on the back of my Mbox Pro in Protools 12. I have the Front/Rear button pushed and when I plug-in or un-plug the cable it shows a signal in Protools but besides that nothing else is coming through. What am I doing wrong ??

is there a software driver for your Mbox that you need to set up ??? or INput Monitoring ???

albee1952
05-02-2017, 06:31 PM
And, is there a button to choose DI for the rear inputs?

Tim Ripley
05-02-2017, 08:41 PM
The level from your passive pickup is way too low for a line level input. Use a direct box and plug into the mic input.

SophiaG
05-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Yes, It's on the front of my Mbox and it is selected.

SophiaG
05-03-2017, 03:28 PM
I thought this might be the problem, I'm guess I'll be purchasing one soon !

Bookerv12
05-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Hi,
Unless I'm missing something here...
There is no DI on the back of the MBox Pro.
Only line level ins.
Pressing the front/rear only switches from front to back inputs.

Why not plug the guitar into one of the the DI inputs on the front?

nigelpry
05-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Hi,
Unless I'm missing something here...
There is no DI on the back of the MBox Pro.
Only line level ins.
Pressing the front/rear only switches from front to back inputs.

Why not plug the guitar into one of the the DI inputs on the front?

Correct. If it's an MBox2 Pro.

If you switch between mic and di using the front panel button you are basically switching between the di jack socket on the front panel, and the mic/line combo socket on the rear panel.

Have a read of chapter 6 of the Getting Started manual here http://akmedia.digidesign.com/support/docs/Mbox2ProGettingStartedGuide_v74_42161.pdf if you are not sure of any aspect of the Mbox2 Pro

The MBox3 Pro is slightly different, in that they put mic/di combo sockets on the front, and separate line only sockets on the back, for inputs 1 and 2. There are also separate mic only and line only sockets on the back for inputs 3 and 4, so you have 4 mic inputs available when needed.

But the basic principle is the same .... you need to be using the di input, not the line input.