PDA

View Full Version : Sound suddenly only coming through 1 channel (both headphones and monitors)

musicmaker123
04-28-2017, 03:53 PM
Hi,

So I've been recording for some time and audio was coming out both channels without issue. But for some reason today, the audio plays only out of my left speaker, and if I plug in headphones, it only comes out of the left channel.

In Pro Tools 12 the output is set to stereo and the stereo meters both light up on the master track.

If I switch left/right speaker cables the right monitor works, so its not that.

I've also checked the cable connections from monitor to mixer to PC, and its all connected as it should be.

I tried opening a new session and setting default I/O settings in Pro Tools, but this doesn't help. I've also tried restarting everything. Again, my setup was working fine yesterday and I didn't change anything about it.

What is causing this to happen?

Thanks

Carl Lie
04-29-2017, 06:37 AM
We need all your system specs, OS, interface all that stuff.

C

musicmaker123
04-29-2017, 11:42 PM
Its a pretty simple setup.

I'm using Pro Tools 12 on Windows 8 PC - i7 3 ghz, 16 GB Ram

The audio interface is a fast track solo, connected with dual RCA to Mackie CR5 monitors, as well as headphones (which both work separate from the audio interface)

I tested the issue on Studio One DAW to see if it was software related and the problem still occurs. The problem stopped on its own twice now, but has returned.

I'm fairly sure that the right channel in my Fast Track Solo has died, but if anyone has any ideas what else the issue could be, please let me know.

Thanks

Phil