PDA

View Full Version : Noise Removal Plugins?

akhafaji
04-24-2017, 01:33 AM
Hi
I'm doing the vocal recording in my room. my room is treated but not isolated and I have some noise from the AC, computer fan and HD omni fan.

I have saw the RX6 from Izotope and my question is
Which is better, using the track as is or do some noise removal with plugins like RX6 etc...?
Is these kind of plugins decrease the sound quality of the source file?

Regards,
AK

JFreak
04-24-2017, 01:52 AM
They usually don't sound good, but the key here is: can the original noise be tolerated? If not, you need to do something about it.

Stig Eliassen
04-24-2017, 01:52 AM
I use RX 4 Advanced quite often, and it's amazing what it can do. I have saved many a performance using it, and it just keeps getting better IMO.

musicman691
04-24-2017, 04:17 AM
The trick with any audio repair work, especially noise removal like the op is talking about is to do it a little bit at a time. Don't try and take it out all in one shot. AC mains noise (hum)is the easiest to deal with and I'd do that first. As to the rest try and get a good noise print and that will go a long way to getting a cleaner piece of audio.

Look up on YouTube any of Mike Thornton's videos on RX for help - he's probably the best out there at this type of thing.

Gemylon
04-24-2017, 04:48 AM
Look up on YouTube any of Mike Thornton's videos on RX for help - he's probably the best out there at this type of thing.

Yes, totally agree !

Adel Ale Agha
04-25-2017, 04:48 AM
iZotope RX can be a good solution.

melloj
04-25-2017, 05:01 AM
RX is a great tool but IMHO I think its designed with post production and restoration in mind. Not a music tool imo, music should be virgin clean to get the best mixes. There's always going to be a finite trade off with NR software, even if it's scarcely noticeable it would still bug me. But if you've no other choice? Best option is to profile the noise the have RX NR learn it. Then process the vocal a bit at at time.