PDA

View Full Version : NI Komplet 8 don`t show in PT12

spock999
04-23-2017, 10:12 AM
I updated my NI Komplete/Kontact to the latest 64 Bits version but still don`t see it im my PT 12 ... I only see Reaktor.

Other NI/PT12 users with the same problems ?

Southsidemusic
04-23-2017, 01:02 PM
I updated my NI Komplete/Kontact to the latest 64 Bits version but still don`t see it im my PT 12 ... I only see Reaktor.

I thought NI Komplete needed to be atleast version 9 to work seeing PT12 uses only AAX64 bit versions but I can be wrong here.

Members Musicman691 and unkJE are great at these version questions as we have NI KU11 now which works great with PT12HD so I have never used any version of the NI ultimate versions below 9.

nigelpry
04-23-2017, 02:54 PM
I think it was after Komplete 9 was released that NI released the AAX64 plugin versions. But some of the individual plugins within earlier versions of Komplete have updates that the OP should have access to.

This NI page

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209549669-What-is-New-in-KOMPLETE-8-

Shows Kontakt 5 and Guitar Rig 5 as new. And this review by musicradar ...

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/native-instruments-komplete-7-283544

Shows Absynth5, FM8, Massive and Reaktor5 included.

So the free updates to all those listed above should give AAX64 compatility to these plugins from Komplete 8. The only question mark in my mind from that list is Reaktor ... I seem to remember there being a paid upgrade needed to get AAX64 unless you upgraded Komplete to version 9, then it was included. Reaktor 5.6 comes to mind.

I can't remember if Battery 3 was ever AAX64 compatible, but Battery 4 was first included in Komplete 9.

OP ... Have you installed the latest plugin updates available via Native Instruments Service Centre? Can you list which update version numbers you have installed?

musicman691
04-23-2017, 07:01 PM

Thread title says Komplete 8 and you're asking about Kontakt. Komplete 8 is a suite of programs amongst which is Kontakt. The plugins that came with Komplete 8 (K8) did not support aax format only RTAS. AAX rollout amongst NI product was not uniform.

What exact versions of the various NI plugins do you have?

On this page is a partial listing of NI plugins that support aax64: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209569729-My-NI-Plug-ins-Will-Not-Load-in-Pro-Tools-11-or-Higher

musicman691
04-23-2017, 07:05 PM
I can't remember if Battery 3 was ever AAX64 compatible, but Battery 4 was first included in Komplete 9.

Battery 3 is not aax64 compatible; that happened in Battery 4.

LDS
04-23-2017, 07:54 PM
Most of Komplete 8 works just fine with PT12 as AAX64 plugins here. Battery 3 won't... because AAX64 is supported until Battery 4.

Installing everything straight from the DVDs alone won't work. You need to run NI Access or download the most recent updates from NI after installing from the DVDs to get AAX support. Even then, I think I remember needing to click the 'customise' button on the installers under OSX and manually 'checking' AAX for it to install.

musicman691
04-24-2017, 04:00 AM
Most of Komplete 8 works just fine with PT12 as AAX64 plugins here. Battery 3 won't... because AAX64 is supported until Battery 4.

Installing everything straight from the DVDs alone won't work. You need to run NI Access or download the most recent updates from NI after installing from the DVDs to get AAX support. Even then, I think I remember needing to click the 'customise' button on the installers under OSX and manually 'checking' AAX for it to install.
You don't necessarily have to go to the latest updates to get aax64 support as that happened a couple of updates back. What one has to be aware of with the updates is if you're running OSX 10.8.5 as NI dropped support for that about a year or so ago. Native Access won't necessarily tell you about that and even the older Service Center only had the warning note for a while and that was removed.

AAX64 support wasn't in the original release of Battery 4 - that came in an early update.

nigelpry
04-24-2017, 03:40 PM

Now you mention it, I remember that too. When the first installers with AAX64 came out, the installers tried to be intelligent and only updated what you already had installed. So if you had previously chosen not to install AU or VST versions, then they were automatically deselected for updating.

But that meant the AAX64 versions were deselected too. We had to manually select to install the AAX64 versions. Then, subsequent updates knew which plugin types we wanted.

So the OP may have installed updates that include AAX64 versions, but if he didn't actually go into 'customize' and select the AAX plugin type, they won't have been installed.

Well remembered LDS

Adel Ale Agha
04-25-2017, 04:28 AM
You can upgrade your NI komplete to a version above 9.

nigelpry
04-25-2017, 04:49 AM
You can upgrade your NI komplete to a version above 9.

You can, but whether it is worth the money depends on whether you want those extra Kontakt sample libraries.

Absynth, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt are Massive are still at the same version (there haven't been any paid updates) as they were in Komplete 8.

Battery was updated to version 4 and was included in Komplete 9.

Only Reaktor has a new paid upgrade (to version 6) that is included in Komplete 11.

So upgrading to Komplete 11 is only worthwhile if you need the extra Kontakt sample libraries.

Personally, I upgraded to Komplete 9 ultimate, as I was previously at Komplete 6, but I haven't seen enough new stuff in Komplete 10 or 11 that would be interesting to me.

My next Komplete update will be at Komplete 12. Why? Well Native Instruments update pricing is the same for several previous versions. Currently updating Komplete Ultimate is the same price if you want to update from version 8, 9 or 10.

I'm guessing that when Komplete 12 is released, it will allow updates from 9, 10 or 11. And there will be a bigger range of 'new' Kontakt sample libraries when compared to Komplete 9. So it is more worthwhile.

To stay current, I'll need to upgrade then, otherwise my Komplete 9 will potentially become not updatable.

musicman691
04-25-2017, 05:04 AM
You can, but whether it is worth the money depends on whether you want those extra Kontakt sample libraries.

Absynth, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt are Massive are still at the same version (there haven't been any paid updates) as they were in Komplete 8.

Battery was updated to version 4 and was included in Komplete 9.

Only Reaktor has a new paid upgrade (to version 6) that is included in Komplete 11.

So upgrading to Komplete 11 is only worthwhile if you need the extra Kontakt sample libraries.

Personally, I upgraded to Komplete 9 ultimate, as I was previously at Komplete 6, but I haven't seen enough new stuff in Komplete 10 or 11 that would be interesting to me.

My next Komplete update will be at Komplete 12. Why? Well Native Instruments update pricing is the same for several previous versions. Currently updating Komplete Ultimate is the same price if you want to update from version 8, 9 or 10.

I'm guessing that when Komplete 12 is released, it will allow updates from 9, 10 or 11. And there will be a bigger range of 'new' Kontakt sample libraries when compared to Komplete 9. So it is more worthwhile.

To stay current, I'll need to upgrade then, otherwise my Komplete 9 will potentially become not updatable.
I too stayed at K9 because as you found there's not enough to make me want to buy the new versions. And I may not go to K12 if/when that ever comes out due to one important fact: OSX incompatibility. Right now I'm stable at OSX 10.9.5 and K11 wants a minimum of Yosemite and that wasn't stable on my machine.

What would have made me buy a newer Komplete was if there was Kontakt 6. I don't use Reaktor all that much and the way I understand things some of what NI did in R6 took away or doesn't support stereo operation.

Quite frankly I'm not all that nuts about some of the libraries that come with Kontakt and I only really use three: the pianos in K9, Vintage Organs (because they took away the excellent B4II) and Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass. Anything else I use in Kontakt is third party.

KV626
04-25-2017, 06:38 AM
I too stayed at K9 because as you found there's not enough to make me want to buy the new versions. And I may not go to K12 if/when that ever comes out due to one important fact: OSX incompatibility. Right now I'm stable at OSX 10.9.5 and K11 wants a minimum of Yosemite and that wasn't stable on my machine.

What would have made me buy a newer Komplete was if there was Kontakt 6. I don't use Reaktor all that much and the way I understand things some of what NI did in R6 took away or doesn't support stereo operation.

Quite frankly I'm not all that nuts about some of the libraries that come with Kontakt and I only really use three: the pianos in K9, Vintage Organs (because they took away the excellent B4II) and Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass. Anything else I use in Kontakt is third party.

I do find Session Strings Pro and the Symphony Essentials quite useful, eventhough there are no legatos in the SE strings... Yet they sound great. Other than that I have Vienna and Albion One, this whole combination makes for a great orchestral package. FWIW going from K9 to KU11 was a huge upgrade for me. But yeah if not for the system requirements, I would probably still be running Mavericks today :-)

nigelpry
04-25-2017, 08:11 AM
I too use my 3rd party Kontakt libraries more than NI's own offerings.

And I recently signed up to the EastWest Composer Cloud X subscription, which gives me a great set of alternatives via their 'Play' engine.

I'd have to say that I'm now at the stage where there is nothing I'm really lacking sound creation wise, so NI's sample library updates aren't really that important to me.

musicman691
04-25-2017, 08:32 AM
I too use my 3rd party Kontakt libraries more than NI's own offerings.

And I recently signed up to the EastWest Composer Cloud X subscription, which gives me a great set of alternatives via their 'Play' engine.

I'd have to say that I'm now at the stage where there is nothing I'm really lacking sound creation wise, so NI's sample library updates aren't really that important to me.
I don't pay as much attention to the Soundsonline/EW website - have they kicked loose with the Play Pro engine yet? I'm still on Play 5.0.1

risey
04-25-2017, 05:42 PM

Download NATIVE ACCESS which will allow you to download the latest AAX version, once you enter your email / password the products you own will be shown. Enter NI K 8 Key to register each instrument, if it gives you hassle by not allowing you to enter the key use NATIVE ACCESS to download the products and NATIVE SERVICE CENTER to register the key...

musicman691
04-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Download NATIVE ACCESS which will allow you to download the latest AAX version, once you enter your email / password the products you own will be shown. Enter NI K 8 Key to register each instrument, if it gives you hassle by not allowing you to enter the key use NATIVE ACCESS to download the products and NATIVE SERVICE CENTER to register the key...
You don't need Native Access to download updates; they're available right from your user account. And again be careful with updates because as I said a couple of updates ago NI removed support for Mountain Lion (aka OSX 10.8.x).

nigelpry
04-25-2017, 10:53 PM
I don't pay as much attention to the Soundsonline/EW website - have they kicked loose with the Play Pro engine yet? I'm still on Play 5.0.1

Play v5.0.2 has been out a few weeks now, works ok here.

spock999
04-28-2017, 09:10 AM
Hello big thanks for your help

This is the link I got to download the latest update of Kontakt (5.6.6) I check the AAX on the install and now it`s all good

https://www.native-instruments.com/fr/support/downloads/update-manager/?q=kontakt&t=updates