PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing to QT movie with chapter markers

Jaysun169
08-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey everyone, Had a quick question. I have a 2 hour film I am mastering for a client. He has chapter markers placed throughout the film (about 25 or so) He used Final Cut Express to make the film. I imported the film in PT and mastered and mixed the audio. I then bounced it to a QT movie, and delivered the film back to my client.

My client contacts me and informs me that everything is perfect except that the film now doesn't have any Chapter markers located within it. When he imports it into iDVD, it doesn't have the chapters, just one file with only one option, to play the movie straight through.

I loaded the mastered movie inside my Final Cut Express to make sure and this is correct. there aren't any chapter markers in the film. I opened it up in QT 10, and in VLC to tripple check, same thing. I opened up the unmastered clip into all of these programs and the markers are there. So I have isolated it to Pro Tools. The Chapter Markers and or the meta data containing this info dont exist in the film AFTER it is bounced out.

Is there any way to keep the metadata in the bounce out of Pro Tools? I cant find any info or help online with this issue. Any Post guy's out there have some ideas? Thanks again for everything!

-Jason

autodidactic
08-22-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm not a post guy at all so pardon my naivete. Could you not open the master movie in FCE and put your bounced ProTools audio file into a new track?

UlrichKe
08-24-2010, 03:49 AM
I'm not a post guy at all so pardon my naivete. Could you not open the master movie in FCE and put your bounced ProTools audio file into a new track?

I´m doing it the same way all the time. I never bounce a movie to quicktime, just record the stereo or surround audio on a new track. Doing it this way you can also record only little parts and consolidate the audio afterwards to a new file, if you have to do some adjustments. Than export the track from you regionlist.

Zooce
08-24-2010, 07:06 AM
I´m doing it the same way all the time. I never bounce a movie to quicktime, just record the stereo or surround audio on a new track. Doing it this way you can also record only little parts and consolidate the audio afterwards to a new file, if you have to do some adjustments. Than export the track from you regionlist.

+1 to this!

Bouncing to a quicktime movie out of Pro Tools is just a way to test your work. Exporting the master track (the track that stems were bounced into) is the way to go in this case. Think of this way, Pro Tools is not video editing software so video chapter markers mean nothing to Pro Tools.

-Zooce