PDA

View Full Version : crashing again whilst recording. Bouce to disk issues

dijitalhorse
08-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Hi there again folks. First of all, I hope everything is working with your stuff. For the last two months I have done 5 new recordings and changed another 3 - all hassle-free. These have all been bounced to disk or mastered onto new tracks within the session no problem. I have bounced to WAV and MP3 and also bounced to internal and external drives. Problem is (and it is probably related to an ongoing issue I have) is that while recording on my last session onto an instrument track everything just freezes and I have to eventually force quit. I have not changed any DAE settings etc from previous sessions which worked perfectly. I don't understand why it has just stopped working. Probably related to this is that my most recent bounce to disks have worked perfectly. Almost. They have bounced ok but afterwards the computer freezes and I again have to force quit. These two issues have to be related but I don't understand how everything is fine for months then just stops. I am not even connected to the net, haven't downloaded anything, done all the recommendations on this site. Is it just that pro-tools is a really unstable, poorly designed system? Please help. Cakes and beer for anyone who does. Thanks again.
Dave R