PDA

View Full Version : comments field bug

Zooce
08-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Alright so this isn't a project "hindering" issue, but it is a quite annoying one, especially if you use the comments field on your tracks. So I thought I'd post this and see if anyone else is having this issue and can shed some light on it.

**JUST TO SET UP A SCENARIO**
I have a few of the Massey plugin demos, and if you've used these, you know that the settings reset every time you close a project (not complaining about this). So a work around is to write the settings down in the comments field of the track so I can quickly get back to working on a session the next time I open it.

**THE BUG**
So here's the bug, the first time I click on the comments field, everything works just fine. I can type in my settings and all is good. Well let's say that I want to change the settings a bit, so I change the settings and then go down to the comment field to change what I wrote. Well, when I click on the comment field for that second time, it gets "whited" out. I can still type new things, but I just can't see what I'm typing or where I'm typing.

*When I click away from the comments field, I CAN see what's there again.*

Kind of annoying since I do some post production and use the comments field for much more than just remembering settings.

Thanks in advance,

Zooce

pidge
08-08-2010, 01:14 AM
easiest way to fix this is to just pay the tiny amount of money steve wants for his amazing plug-ins!!!;)

clausiii
08-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Exactly

Zooce
08-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Wow thanks for those comments. They really helps me and anyone else having this issue!

BTW, maybe you should read the last sentence of my post...just a thought

Sergius
03-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Alright so this isn't a project "hindering" issue, but it is a quite annoying one, especially if you use the comments field on your tracks. So I thought I'd post this and see if anyone else is having this issue and can shed some light on it.

**JUST TO SET UP A SCENARIO**
I have a few of the Massey plugin demos, and if you've used these, you know that the settings reset every time you close a project (not complaining about this). So a work around is to write the settings down in the comments field of the track so I can quickly get back to working on a session the next time I open it.

**THE BUG**
So here's the bug, the first time I click on the comments field, everything works just fine. I can type in my settings and all is good. Well let's say that I want to change the settings a bit, so I change the settings and then go down to the comment field to change what I wrote. Well, when I click on the comment field for that second time, it gets "whited" out. I can still type new things, but I just can't see what I'm typing or where I'm typing.

*When I click away from the comments field, I CAN see what's there again.*

Kind of annoying since I do some post production and use the comments field for much more than just remembering settings.

Thanks in advance,

Zooce

+1

Sergius
03-28-2011, 12:17 PM
wow thanks for those comments. They really helps me and anyone else having this issue!

Btw, maybe you should read the last sentence of my post...just a thought

+100

MIXIN IT
02-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Git this problem too. PT 9.0.6. the workaround I do is double click on the track as if to rename the track and then the plain jane comments field is there to modify to your hearts content> and you can see what you're typing... Still needs to be fixed please...

PD-John
02-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Quite a common issue as far as I know - restarting Pro Tools should fix it. But I agree with pidge, just buy Massey's plugs! :-)