PDA

View Full Version : ProjectMix I/O Output assign question

Kafrifelle
08-07-2010, 04:57 PM
I am sure that for many of you this is really a basic question but for me, it has been a nightmare lately ...

I am using SnowLeopard on a MBP
Protools 8 MPowered
ProjectMix I/O as a control surface.

In my FireWire Monitor related to the ProjectMix I/O I see:

output 1/2 out
output 3/4 out
spdif out

in my ProjectMix I/O, I see in the back of the unit output 1 thru 4

At the moment, I am using 1 and 2 as my left and right to listen to my rough mix.

The question:

Is there a way to use the output 3 and 4 and plug that into a separate amp (left and right) for a second stereo mix ? I would like to be able to use this 3 and 4 out for a mix thru another amp and set of studio monitors.

Is it even possible to do ?

Thx for any helpful response.

YP

Kafrifelle
08-08-2010, 09:30 AM
I am guessing, nobody knows ...

kaiserpathos
08-08-2010, 10:17 AM
I have never tried this with my ProjectMix I/O, but I would think it's possible. I am not in front of my DAW right now, but I remember setting a "Headphone Mix" output on my PMIO -- so that I could move my headphones to the second headphone jack to audition a separate mix (or have a "singing mix" for a vocalist). I'm not sure if my "Headphone Mix" takes up outputs 3 & 4 or not.
Pro Tools has the "Main Out" master fader which defaults to Outputs 1 & 2 on the PMIO, but I can imagine it's totally possible to use 3 & 4 within Pro Tools.

moskasound
08-09-2010, 09:59 AM
I have yet to try it on my ProjectMix, but sounds like you just create a 2nd Master strereo out and assign to 3&4.