PDA

View Full Version : what does this mean?

mutley
08-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Every time I start Pro tools M-powered, I'm getting the message "PROTOOLS HARD WARE IS EITHER NOT INSTALLED, OR IS BEING USED BY ANOTHER PROGRAM". What does this mean? I don't even know what protools Hardware is!!I've got protools software and M-audio interface hardware. Thats as far as I get. All my connections are good, I've got the latest drivers installed, but I can't oped the program, any suggestions??/ Thanks

DigiTechSupt
08-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Without more information on your system (OS version, Pro Tools version, etc) it's difficult to say for sure, but my guess is you are trying to run a version of Pro Tools that's incompatible with your OS>

mutley
08-06-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm using an apple Imac , OS 10.6.2 , 2.8 GHz intel core 2 Duo , 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. with in the last week I updated my protools M-powered 8.0.3 software with the new 8.0.4 updater via digidesigns download page.

DigiTechSupt
08-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Which M-Audio hardware are you using? Which driver version for the hardware do you have installed?

mutley
08-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi, sorry I did'nt give you all the info!!! I'm using a m-audio profire 610 , running vervion 2.2.4 I recently did a clean removal of my project mix interface drivers ,and installed the profire 610 drivers ( It's got a lower latency time than the project mix, and better preamps) I started having problems opening protools shortly after that!! I'm also receiving a -1601 message when I can open the program. ( It states that I am over loading the CPU, This happens when theres only one track of audio running with no plug-ins. It says to increase the buffer size and to remove any plug ins . I increase the buffer size all the way , and I don't have any plug-ins activated,but I still get the same error message when playing ,or recording. I don't know what to do!! any help would be great!!