PDA

View Full Version : Can't select an area in a single track

luccascorrea
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to Pro Tools and this is probably a basic question but I've been struggling with this for a while now. I am using the grabber tool and trying to select a region in one track but when I click it, the same area in all other tracks is selected as well. Is there any option I have to turn on/off in order to select only the region in the track I'm interested?

Thank you!

cneal92
08-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Sounds like you have turn on the All Group. In the Edit window, show the Tracks/Groups list on the left hand side (there is an arrow in the bottom left corner). Make sure the "All" group is NOT highlighted, by clicking on the name. The ! turns on/off this group from the Mix window, or with command focus on groups in the Edit window.

luccascorrea
08-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Alright! Thanks a lot!!

Governor
06-24-2011, 12:02 PM
I have the same problem but even when my groups are turned off, I don't understand, can anyone help? I just want to select single tracks and edit them but for some reason all of them become selected.

cneal92
06-24-2011, 01:38 PM
How about a little more info, like what tool you are using where are you clicking/selecting (on the region or in the timeline)? Are you sure the ALL group or no other Groups are active (it shouldn't be highlighted)?

Governor
06-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Doesn't matter what tool I use, whether it's the grabber tool or selector, cutter. All of them select all the tracks. My groups are off . It so weird, sometimes just the drums become selected still with no groups selected.

It's really bugging me now...

Mr.Flash
04-07-2023, 12:01 AM
Hey there, new user here myself looking for the same answer, I stumbled on a way to do it, try this.

Right click on your clip, then click “ungroup” then select, copy and paste. That worked for me!