PDA

View Full Version : Removing silence when bouncing track

joelboy
07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Sometimes when I'm bouncing out a track I'll end up with a .023 second silence before the start. It doesn't for some reason happen every time, but i'm working with sound fx that need to be completely precise.

Anyone know what's going on?

Dism
07-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Sometimes when I'm bouncing out a track I'll end up with a .023 second silence before the start. It doesn't for some reason happen every time, but i'm working with sound fx that need to be completely precise.

Anyone know what's going on?

Plugin delay.

If you have a mastering plugin (Maxim, Ozone, among many many others) on the master fader, it's going to push the bounce ahead by however many samples of delay it instantiating.

joelboy
07-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Plugin delay.

If you have a mastering plugin (Maxim, Ozone, among many many others) on the master fader, it's going to push the bounce ahead by however many samples of delay it instantiating.

Interesting, I tried bouncing out with no plugins at all active, still had the problem, but I deleted the Master fader completely and it bounced correctly with no gap. Any idea why the Master fader is causing the problem?

Dism
07-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Interesting, I tried bouncing out with no plugins at all active, still had the problem, but I deleted the Master fader completely and it bounced correctly with no gap. Any idea why the Master fader is causing the problem?

A plugin just has to be on the track, active or inactive doesn't matter. If it's in an insert, it's causing delay, regardless of whether or not you can hear the plugin.