PDA

View Full Version : Nasty drop out during bounce

Batze
07-25-2010, 04:51 AM
Hi there,

I did a recording (Piano & Vocals) and added some software instruments to the mix. All in all iI have 12 tracks in the mix. 2x Piano, 2x Vocals, 5x instruments, 2x Aux Inputs, a Master and a click track.

When I bounce it to disk (or record it to a new stereo track) there alwasy is a drop out in the vocal track at the same spot (begining of the first chorus). But it only appears when I start the song from the very beginning. If I jump to the corresponding memory location and play it from there - all is fine.

Does anyone have an idea whats going on here?
I did a lot of recordings an mixes that way but I never had such a problem.

Thanks a lot.

lincol1
07-25-2010, 07:02 AM
hmmm...check your automation levels.

WarrenBeat
07-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Try soloing the vocal track and bouncing it (with its plugins bypassed). If you bounce it without a problem I would do this:

Open a new Audio Track, Import the bounced vocal track, move the plugins from the old track to the new one, mute the old track and try to bounce all the mix.

If it's the final mix you don't need to bypass the plugins, bounce it "wet".

Sometimes software goes into a "catch-22" and you must change the situation a bit.

Hope it works

Batze
07-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi and thanks for the quick help.
It worked perfectly.
It was the melodyne editor who caused the problem.
Still I have no clue, why it clicks when starting from zero, but doesn't when starting from another point.

WarrenBeat
07-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi and thanks for the quick help.
It worked perfectly.
It was the melodyne editor who caused the problem.
Still I have no clue, why it clicks when starting from zero, but doesn't when starting from another point.

Something similar happened to me, with boom the first kick always sounded different. I did everything: moving the grid, copying the second kick... It always sounded different and never new why. Finally I bounce it to audio, cut the first kick and copied the second kick. Still a mistery for me