PDA

View Full Version : New Mac How to re install Pro Tools 8.0.4?

mescalon
07-20-2010, 03:09 PM
I am buying a new Macbook Pro and I need to know how to proceed with the re installation of Pro Tools 8.0.4.
Do I need to install from the original CDs and then patch it with the latest version 8.0.4?
or can I install the 8.0.4 update without the original installations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mescalon

Dism
07-20-2010, 06:38 PM
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=364999

DTheone
07-20-2010, 07:54 PM
First go to www.ilok.com and download the latest ilok support software.

From Avid's support page:

If you have purchased a new computer with Snow Leopard and have not yet installed Pro Tools 8 (or have uninstalled Pro Tools 8), you will need to install Pro Tools 8.0.3 before installing Pro Tools 8.0.4. See the installation instructions on the Pro Tools Mpowered 8.0.3 Update page.

On Protools 8.03 update page it states:

If you have purchased a new computer with Snow Leopard or have uninstalled Pro Tools 8, you can still install Pro Tools 8.0.3 with this updater but it will require the use of your previously purchased Pro Tools 8 DVD.

If you have purchased a new computer with Snow Leopard or have uninstalled your previous version of Pro Tools 8, please take the following steps:

1. Download the Pro Tools 8.0.3 Updater from this page.
2. Insert your previously purchased Pro Tools 8 disc into the DVD drive.
3. Launch the Pro Tools 8.0.3 Updater and follow the onscreen instructions.

Installation Note: Some users may encounter an error dialog while running the Pro Tools 8.0.3 Mac Web Updater with a Pro Tools DVD on a clean Mac OS system. This dialog states that the "PACESuppport.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used.” This dialog can be safely dismissed, and you should not encounter any problem after rebooting.

Please Note: If you received Pro Tools 8.0 as a web download, a downloadable version of the full Pro Tools 8.0.3 web installer will be placed in the same account where your Pro Tools 8.0 installers* are available:

Pt 8.03 install files: http://secure.digidesign.com/services/avid/kb/downloads.cfm?digiArticleId=40395&localeCode=en

Worked like a charm for me; I downloaded ilok pace driver/support softrware from ilok.com, put my original pt8 dvd in the drive; downloaded 8.03 installer; then downloaded and installed 8.04

mescalon
07-21-2010, 08:07 AM
ok, thanks I will try it. Thanks!!
:-)