PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate Access Privileges

Gunnell
07-17-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm getting

Could not complete your request because you do not have appropriate access privileges (-5000) while creating "SESSION TITLE" while creating "Fade Files".

I copied a project to another hard drive, worked on it some more, saved it with a different session name, and then copied back over to the original drive. Now I get this error if I try to make any changes. It plays back fine, but I can't create fades or turn on elastic properties.

BBennett
07-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Were you working from the same computer when you moved the session to an external drive? (I'm sure you moved it to work from another computer) Also, did you copy the entire session folder?

You can set permissions on files from individual computers to do different things. (Read Only, Write Only, etc.) As well, the full file folder contains a 'Fade Files' folder, but that shouldn't effect permissions, you should have just lost all fades that were applied.

When you changed the name, was it a 'Save As' or 'Save Copy In'? Or did you just change the name of the folder?

A little more information could help...

bigbassman
05-13-2015, 08:01 PM
I have the same issue. I have changed nothing since i overdubbed tracks last night.

Absolutely nothing.

This is VERY frustrating.

Can anyone offer some help?

Much appreciated.

Thanks

jeffro
05-13-2015, 08:30 PM
I have the same issue. I have changed nothing since i overdubbed tracks last night.

Absolutely nothing.

This is VERY frustrating.

Can anyone offer some help?

Much appreciated.

Thanks
Search Knowledge Base (link above in header) for... you do not have appropriate access privileges 5000 (http://www.avid.com/search?q=you+do+not+have+appropriate+access+privil eges+5000&site=kbase) ...returns a couple articles. Are either of those helpful?