PDA

View Full Version : distorted like sound

SharatK
06-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey all, when I use Pro Tools M Powered 8, when I input the sound to the mixer and then the computer, in my headphones I hear a distorted instrument, not normal sounding. I'm wondering what could be the problem and how to solve it. I can't record when there's something wrong with the sound. If someone can solve this, please let me know. Thanks.

Sharat Krishnamurthy

barters81
06-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey all, when I use Pro Tools M Powered 8, when I input the sound to the mixer and then the computer, in my headphones I hear a distorted instrument, not normal sounding. I'm wondering what could be the problem and how to solve it. I can't record when there's something wrong with the sound. If someone can solve this, please let me know. Thanks.

Sharat Krishnamurthy

Can you be more specific in what you mean by "input sound to mixer"? Does this happen on multiple tracks? Does it happen with virtual instrumenets?

SharatK
06-28-2010, 03:12 PM
It means like the sound from the audio Yamaha keyboard going in to the 2nd input on the pro fire 2626 mixer.

clausiii
06-29-2010, 08:04 AM
What M-Audio interface do you have?
Do you use an instrument/Hi-Z input or the mic in?

SharatK
06-29-2010, 10:09 AM
I use the 2nd mic input in the mixer.

clausiii
06-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Using a mic input with a device (like your keyboard), which has a much higher audio level than a microphone, will cause distortion.
If you have a Mic/Line/Instument switch, use Line/Instrument.
And turn off phantom power if you have any, just to avoid damage on your keyboard...

SharatK
06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
that didn't work, I dunno if my pro fire 2626 needs some work. Even the microphone in mic inst line 1 is distorted sounding. If anyone can help that'd be great.

jothedrummer
02-02-2012, 12:16 PM
I am having the same issues now with my new profire 2626 ad can't understand for the life of me why this is. Every input on the interface is distorting. I've tried everything that I know to do. Can you please tell me how you were able to fix this problem? Thanks.