PDA

View Full Version : Change Volume Setting

JustGotPaid
06-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi all, good forum, and I'm fairly new to Pro Tools. Just got M-Powered not long ago and am still learning my way around. Using it on an 09 MacBook Pro, 17", with an M-Audio 610 interface.

I have a couple of questions about making a template. I successfully made a template, but for some odd reason when I would play-back I noticed the volume always dropping after about 10 seconds on one track. After checking into it I found that if I select Volume instead of WaveForm, that someone some points got set, making it fade out. Have no idea how this happened, and wanted to ask her what would cause that so I'll know next time.

Also, as I was doing a mix in the Console View I noticed that one guitar fader was all the way to the top, full volume. I adjusted it down and it popped right back to 100%. I could never get it to change and stay changed. I then noticed in the Edit View the Volume on the left, in the track, about where you select the Inputs, was set to 11.6 gain. I don't remember doing that either. I have adjusted it to 0.0 and Saved. I close it, re-open, and it's defaulted back to the 11.6. I then tried saving it as a Template. Same thing. When I close and re-open it always defaults to 11.6 How can I change the Volume setting so it will stay where I set it. And how can I save my template so the volume will be at 0 on all my tracks?

And...one other troublesome problem comes to mind. I get a DAE error if I get too many tracks going. Someone said to adjust the Buffer, but I can't find it. What menu do I follow to change that?

Thanks in advance. Nice to see a good forum for Pro Tools users like this. Looking forward to the answers.

JustGotPaid

Dorian Green
06-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Go in the edit window, press Alt, keep it and open one of the track pop up menu and select volume.ALL you tracks should switch to Volume View.
Control A (Select All), then press Suppr.Don't worry only your automation data will reset.
If there is some audio in your session (I assume there is not any as it's a template!) ,keep a copy of your session just in case.
All you volume automation lines should be straight now, then you can set a basic level.

Also make sure your automation settings in the mix windows fit your aim.It's on read mode by default.

Hope it helps