PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tools Installs but plugins don't!

basskater87
06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Hello, I'm trying to help my cousin install pro tools on his new 17 inch mac book pro.

The pro tools installation disk didn't work (most likely because of snow leopard) so we downloaded the updated version of m-powered from here -

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=261543

the installation is fine now, you just have to have the original install disk/ilok to install it and pro tools runs great!

However, it didn't install ANY of his plug-ins. We checked his plug-in folder and nothing is there except some eleven stuff. Not even 3 band eqs or any AIR things are there, and nothing shows up in audiosuite or inserts. Any help!? please!!!

basskater87
06-16-2010, 09:46 AM
please can anyone help! I will be forever in your debt!

barters81
06-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Sorry mate I can't help you here. I'm running 10.5.8 lepoard with PT 8.0.1 and due to all these types of posts I'm staying well away from snow lepoard for a while.

Hopefully this bumps it for you in the least.

basskater87
06-17-2010, 03:39 PM
there's no way to switch BACK to leopard on a brand new mac is there? that would solve some problems.......

Eric Seaberg
06-18-2010, 02:26 PM
First of all, the plug-ins would be installed with the install of 8.0. Only updated plug-ins would change with the 8.03 install... as far as i know.

Can you try getting another 8.0 install disk, or download 8.0 from the AVID site, then do the 8.03 upgrade?

VacuityFIN
06-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Hey, maybe someone can help me with my problems (I registered about one minute ago, so my forum using skills are very bad)

I bought Toontrack Superior 2.0, I installed it in my Mac. I read the manual first yes, but still my PT cannot discover my drumsoftware. I created a instrument track and opened mix window and there I opened plug-ins but there wasn't my toontrack.

Then I got an advice that I should re-installed my program. I did it but it still doesn't work:mad:

Please somebody help me with this problem, I paid 200€ for this program!
It would be nice to make it work.

Or if this is so called "wrong topic" please tell me where I'll have to ask to get information :-)

bradch00
06-24-2010, 01:39 PM
You created a stereo instrument track? SD2 does not show up on a mono instrument track.
Probably should have started any thread...