PDA

View Full Version : Downloading PT 8 MP

noamlev5
06-12-2010, 04:28 AM
Hi there, my name is noam & I recently purchased PT MP 8 registration for my Ilok over the internet. I already have PT MP 7.4 on a different Ilok.

I cant find a download link on the avid / digi website to download the 8 version. :(

Also - I tried working with the newly registered PT 8 Ilok on my 7.4 System but with no luck, does this mean I cant work with a 7.4 version of protools with a 8 version ilok key?

please help

thanks
Noam

scenicrecords
06-12-2010, 07:13 AM
Go to Avid.com, click on login in the top right. Register if you haven't yet. Click on my account. Click Your Products, and you can download what you own there.

noamlev5
06-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Thank you!
but the thing is -
I bought it over the net & the Ilok license has been transfered to me via ilok.com so I dont have the needed activation and/or download code.

:(

also - why on earth wold PT8 m-powered not work with PT 7.4????

scenicrecords
06-14-2010, 06:40 AM
PT 8 is a different program than 7.4. I have both registered and both licenses on my iLok, therefore I can run either version.

If you purchased and registered both, then you should have both of them in your account at avid. There is no activation code. You just need to download the installer and have the license on your iLok.