PDA

View Full Version : New Software for New Computer?

mcclainx
05-30-2010, 07:05 PM
This may sound like an obvious question but I truly don't know. So, I bought an MBox2 Mini a couple years ago with Pro Tools 7 software. It's been great. However, I recently bought a new MacBook Pro for the sole purpose of using it for audio and video design and editing. I went to find my software disk for Pro Tools and for the life of me, I can't find t. Do I simply need to buy a new software disk from eBay or Craigslist to load into my new computer, and if I just need to buy software, could I buy a higher grade software (version 8) and it would still work with my MBox Mini?

Thanks,
MacX

SwankTheTank
06-02-2010, 11:07 AM
If you can find the old install discs it may be useful. Either way, you'll have to upgrade. It may be easier just buying PT 8, and then upgrading to PT 8.0.3 (That is assuming your MB Pro has Snow Leopard, 8.0.3 is the version you will need. It's the only compatible version for OS X 10.6) Hope that helps!

SwankTheTank
06-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Wait... I correct myself. Haha! You WILL have to buy new. I highly doubt PT 7 will even install on OS X 10.6.

MikeLove2010
06-15-2010, 11:23 AM
I have a similar question.

How can I install the PT 8 upgrade if no other version of PT is compatible with Snow Leopard (getting a new iMac, quad core). Do I not need a previous version installed for the 8 upgrade?

(btw, I know I'll have to get 8.0.3 after)

Didn't realize this was in the M-Audio section, I have a 002.