PDA

View Full Version : System requirements: problems with 7200 rpm HDD?

MathGiorgetti
05-30-2010, 02:40 AM
Hello,

I have been working with the Mbox 1 and ProTools 6.1.1 on windows for a couple of years, and I am now looking for a "fresh" ProTools system.

Actually, I am about to buy the M-Audio ProFire 610 interface, ProTools M-Powered 8, the M-Audio Axiom 49 keyboard, and I would like the A.I.R. pack instruments (the new "ProTools virtual instrument extension pack"). But I don't have any computers, so I am looking for a iMac (standard but with 8gb ram and 3,33 ghz CPU). I compared the system requirements of all the audio hardware/software I am looking for, with the iMac, and it looks like it's OK. But I have read somewhere on the Digidesign or M-Audio website, that one of the hardware/software I am wanting is not compatible with 7200 rpm hard drive disks. This is now 3 days since I try to remember where I did read this, but impossible to find it anymore!!!

This is my question: do you think I will encounter some troubles with hardware/software on this computer? And have you heard about troubles with 7200 rpm HDD?

Thanks