PDA

View Full Version : No sound on single track!

robbo01
05-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi guys,

I am seriously stumped by this. Occasionally when I open up one of my sessions, the most recently recorded track won't play any audio. Nothing even registers on the meters. At first I thought the file must have something wrong, but when opening up the project browser I can preview the file just fine. Have tried removing all plugins on the track but nothing seems to fix it.

It's not happening all the time, but maybe 60 to 70 % of times I open the session. One occasion I couldn't get the sound to register at all, so had to re-record.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

DigiTechSupt
05-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Sure, though the possible causes are myriad.

We'll need more info about your system and what you've tried - the Help Us Help You and General Troubleshooting threads go into detail about what we know and offer troubleshooting and optimization tips that likely can fix the problem.

Now, when I point you to those threads and say we need to know more - I'm not kidding. Too often we send people there and they don't read or follow the threads, leading to delays in getting their system up and running. Almost inevitibly we end up going through the same steps that are in those threads, post by post, with them only to find that one of the suggestions fixes the issue. Don't be that person - read and follow the info there and it's very likely you'll be back in action in no time. Or at least less time than it usually takes going back and forth with us and the rest of the DUC community...