PDA

View Full Version : Opening Pro-Tools mpowered 8 without

iguess
05-25-2010, 12:55 AM
How can you open protools mpowered8 without my maudio pf610 hooked up?

It wont let me open pt mpowered8 without hardware connected.. what if im on the road and wanna open a mix..

dobro
05-25-2010, 01:46 AM
You canīt.... you need one m-audio interface ...and your Ilok....
:-)

sortasalient
05-26-2010, 10:35 PM
You can't run digi software without an interface, that's part of their copy protection scheme. You can't run PTMP without an iLok either. If you're looking for a really portable road interface, check out the transit, they don't come much smaller. If you don't wanna mess with the DAE at all, and just listen through your 'puter speakers, I'd suggest using Logic.

Eric Seaberg
05-27-2010, 07:18 PM
+1 for the Transit!! I've got multiple MP interfaces, but the Transit and my iLok are always in my computer bag!

clausiii
05-28-2010, 03:27 AM
+1 for the Transit!! I've got multiple MP interfaces, but the Transit and my iLok are always in my computer bag!

Same here!;)

Herr_Sprecker
06-29-2010, 03:23 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but is the M-Audio Transit considered a valid interface for Pro Tools 8 M-Powered? The online list of acceptable interfaces (which I would assume is official) does not include the Transit.

Thanks!

iguess
06-30-2010, 05:53 AM
DAE, what does that mean? I see DAE when I launch pro tools. or is it DAO. IT say creating DAE objects when loading..
excuse my ign.
You can't run digi software without an interface, that's part of their copy protection scheme. You can't run PTMP without an iLok either. If you're looking for a really portable road interface, check out the transit, they don't come much smaller. If you don't wanna mess with the DAE at all, and just listen through your 'puter speakers, I'd suggest using Logic.

necjamc
06-30-2010, 07:00 AM
The Tansit is listed for protools 8. Look at the list again. I know it was on there.

MartinoAl
05-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Hi,

I have a version of Pro Tools 8 LE and an Avid MBox Mini. I travel a lot and often need mix/bounce stuff on trains. I get from all the threads on this that you need an interface to open Pro Tools but on most of the threads it seems to be people who want to record on the go. Is there any way of opening pro tools just to listen/mix etc? It's a pain lugging the MBox mini around with me everywhere! I can't even find out what the Transit is and the M-Audio Micro Dongle appears to be very expensive, very difficult to get in the UK and possibly not compatible with my old copy of Pro Tools anyway. Any advice is very welcome. Thanks, Martino

Craig F
05-18-2015, 01:07 PM
<=8 needs an interface to open
9 and beyond just need an iLok and you can use your computers sound card (Windows may need ISO4ALL for it to work)

MartinoAl
05-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks. Guess I'll need to keep lugging the M Box around with me then :(