PDA

View Full Version : PTMP 8.0 install hangs

DasHas
05-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Hello, I am having problems installing PTMP8 on my new macbook pro. I am VERY new to Macs so I am not sure if its something that I am doing wrong or if something is wrong. After I insert the DVD and run the installer package everything seems to run well until I get to the "Running package scripts.." section. It just hangs and nothing happens. The "install time remaining" reads "About a minute" but it has been like that for over 10 minutes already. ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated. I bought this dumb laptop just so I can play with PT on the fly

Avid
05-23-2010, 05:58 PM
If it is a new Mac as you wrote, then it probably has Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). If your DVD is for Pro Tools 8.0 and not 8.0.3, then you are trying to install an incompatible version of Pro Tools for your version of Mac OS X.

If that is the case, then you would need to install Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 using the installation instructions on this page:

Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 Update for Mac OS X (http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=362807)

Under "Installation Instructions" you will find specific instructions for using your existing DVD with the downloadable updater.

sortasalient
05-24-2010, 03:16 PM
What the digi tech said is definitely valid, but just as an FYI, when I installed 8.0, it hung for what seemed like forever on the scripts section at the end too. It eventually did finish successfully though and it worked fine.