PDA

View Full Version : PTMP 8.0.3 Very Unresponsive

JMKeupp
05-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Hey I work in PT HD Professionally but run M-Powered at home I've had this problem since I upgraded to Snow Leopard back in December, and have been working around using it at home, working in Logic when needed, finally after upgrading to cs2 and experiencing no change I'm reaching out for help here.

Here's the problem: When working in PT any change I make whether it be clicking an input to change it or just clicking on the drop down menu, the whole program freezes, the audio continues to play however, and I get the pinwheel of death but then after a few seconds it snaps out of it no error message reporting anything. I've been keeping the disk usage window open just to see if it's a processing power but it's not anywhere near being a problem, and it shouldn't be with my computer.

I've even updated the M-Audio drivers. Any ideas?

Noiselab
05-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Had a similar issue with my PTMP setup shortly after 8.0.3 release. I read about removing all non-Digi plug-ins somewhere here on the DUC. That took care of the initial problem, but then came the fun of determining the offending plugin. I used the divide by half method and found it in four or five divisions. My problem was a wrapped mda VST that had worked just fine previously. YMMV...

So far, bad plugs have been at the root of nearly all of my few 8.0.3 build-family issues.

Luck to you!

NL

JMKeupp
05-18-2010, 06:46 PM
I think that worked. The problem seemed to be in some old TL Labs Plug ins I don't use anyway. Thank you.