PDA

View Full Version : Unable to instal 8.0.3 update without dvd?

JonnyMenace
05-07-2010, 09:57 AM
New to this forum, and didn't find any help on my search

I purchased Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4 late in the october before 8.0's release. As such, I was sent an e-mail that I could download and install 8.0 for free, which I did.

I've been having some issues, and saw on here that I needed to update to 8.0.3 to correct them, so I downloaded the install package.

Now, when I try to install, it says that Pro Tools 8.0 cannot be found, and that I need to insert my Pro Tools 8.0 dvd to install the update.

But, I DO have pro tools installed. it's right in the Applications folder fo my iMac. And since I downloaded the Pro Tools 8.0 upgrade, I don't have a DVD.

Anyone else get this issue or know how to work around it? Help for the newbie DUC member would be greatly appreciated!

And FYI, running Mac OS 10.5.8, using a Fast Track Ultra

bradch00
05-07-2010, 11:29 AM
After a little searching on the Avid website (I will get used to the new format someday.... ) I found this, which may help;

"Please Note: If you received Pro Tools 8.0 as a web download, a downloadable version of the full Pro Tools 8.0.3 web installer will be placed in the same account where your Pro Tools 8.0 installers* are available:

Your Account (http://account.avid.com)

*The full Pro Tools 8.0.3 web installers are currently expected to be available in your account the first week of January, 2010. If you received Pro Tools 8.0 as a DVD with your Pro Tools system or a boxed upgrade, then you will not have the Pro Tools 8.0 web installer in your account, and will not have the full 8.0.3 installer deposited in your account. If that is the case, then you should install using your DVD for Pro Tools 8.0 and the Pro Tools 8.0.3 web updater instead.
"